We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Houston we have a problem

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
17,103 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Houston we have a problem

(one of my DILs works for NASA so we use this phrase a lot...)

well damn! i'm having another MRI on my #@$&*+% neck on Friday. apparently i still have a major issue. I guess I had better hold off sending my deposit to the TO! I am not a happy camper right now.

so if you want to help, could you offer a nekked dance to the neck Goddess under the full moon, that it isn't what i'm pretty sure at this point it is? (as is the neurosurgeon)

crap.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
368 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Houston we have a problem

Really bad luck , hope you get good news .

As for dancing naked , noooooo..................?

Hope the neck goddess is so happy not to see me naked ,she will smile on you.

All the best , hope you get there soon.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,085 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Houston we have a problem

Today is Canada Day so lots of house parties, libations and dancing. i expect before the night is through, there will be nekked dancing....by a sickle moon, if not a full one. They may not realize it but they are dancing for you. Good luck with that nek, I mean neck.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
17,103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Houston we have a problem

hhaha QM. (did i ever mention--for the hundredth time--that my grandmother grew up in Moose Jaw and Medicine Hat? so I'm practically a Canadian! i must imbibe with my fellow Canadians!)

tigerbeth, no one wants to see me dancing nekked either. (especially not wearing a cervical collar. lol)

Happy Canada Day to our neighbors to the north!

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,139 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Houston we have a problem

siouxxie ....after all that planning..I hope the scan on friday allows you to travel...at least sometime...and you can live that dream.

Edited: 01 July 2013, 23:23
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
17,103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Houston we have a problem

i changed it to wed--dont' want to wait til friday, (and thursday is a holiday) but i have to be sedated, so i need a ride. Mr S said he could take a few hours off on wed, so that's what i'm doing. i wouldn't be so concerned (and frankly, pissed) if i didn't have this history.

but keeping everything in perspective, i have been luckier than most, so...i'll get over it, whatever happens.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,789 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Houston we have a problem

No nekked dancing here either, as even under penalty of death won't look the fool. But will cheer on whomever does.

Not sure/recall when you're scheduled to travel, and though I already look like Mrs. Frankenstein on the inside, though rather cute on the outside, after various surgeries the last thing I ever put off were my visits to Afree-kah or elsewhere. For me 'travel will not wait.'

After hip surgery years back was in Thailand/Cambodia 5/mos later; after spinal surgery last year actually awaking from anesthesia asking 'when can I go to Africa.' while my nearby bed-mate was screaming "I sure hope that blood transfusion didn't come from a Republican.' She had me laughing so hard, I almost split my stitches. Still, I was in Africa for 3/weeks (TNZ/KEN), 7/mos later...

And when, 6/weeks ago having another surgery (sure, just what I needed is more metal for those TSA agents to get their pat down jollies ),... am planning safari for the fall.

So whatever it might be, take care of it and then nekked or not, dancin' or not... keep on moving towards that very large Continent.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,658 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Houston we have a problem

Good luck siouxxie. I am sure all will go well.

If you switch on your webcam you can see me dancing necked right here for you as I type.

Everyone else get in line and buy a darn ticket. I might even take off my Bandanna and boots.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
17,103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Houston we have a problem

oooh la la mfuwe.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,085 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Houston we have a problem

I told you so. There was nekked dancing and they didn't even wait for the moon. Course the kidlet was barely two, so he's in bed befor moonrise anyway. Kids that age are cute nekked dancing. Keep that image in your mind, not that of more august gentleman who "moves like Jagger".

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Houston we have a problem

siouxxie, will think good thoughts for you and hope the news will be only good.

I can see all your friends on here are rooting for you.