We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed with accommodation

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help needed with accommodation

We're still "struggling" with our trip to Tanzania.

Which location would be better in April in the Serengeti, Mbuzi Mawe Camp or Sopa Lodge?

Thanks!

Bristol
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed with accommodation

I stayed at both this April. They are quite different.

Mbuzi Mawe - this has nice well spaced tents, good view. A bit too formal for us in the dining tent. Food also a bit too "posh" for my liking. The place was virtually empty when we were there, only one other family. Staff nice. manager chatted to us for quite a long time. We stayed there as we wanted to drive up to Lobo for the scenery which was fantastic. However when we were there the better game viewing was further south. Although this place was fine it was our least favourite of the 5 places we stayed on safari.

Serengeti Sopa. - largish lodge. good size room with nice view, a good value for money lodge. Nice bar and terrace with good views. Food excellent, staff very friendly. Game viewing around this area was very good in April this year. I like this Sopa.

If I had to choose between the 2 on my overall experience , especially if looking at location for game viewing I would stay at the Sopa.

If you haven't seen it here is the link to my trip report and photos

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297913-i9775-k6…

Edited: 02 July 2013, 15:37
The Netherlands
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed with accommodation

Thanks for your input ShepofBristol. Very helpful that you stayed in both places and can compare them both. It really helps with my planning.

Great trip report and photos!

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,703 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed with accommodation

If it is game viewing in April I would stay at Sopa.

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed with accommodation

Thank you noexpert!

5. Re: Help needed with accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 06:18