We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Requirements for Tanzania

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Requirements for Tanzania

This is the Tanzania Immigration web site for obtaining a visa. Unless you are on the list of Referred countries you may obtain a visa at any of the official entry points into Tanzania (airports, land crossings, and ports). This is the web site to visit:

http://immigration.go.tz/module1.php?id=24

430 replies to this topic
South Riding VA
Level Contributor
625 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Visa Requirements for Tanzania

Karl,

thanks for your response.

chris

nyc
Level Contributor
15,035 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Visa Requirements for Tanzania

chris - sorry for the snippy reply, but who will or won't know if/when you complete the form. If you have it, complete it, sign it... keep with your passport to submit on arrival to agent with proper amount due. But know each of you have to submit and sign your own application.

South Riding VA
Level Contributor
625 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Visa Requirements for Tanzania

Thanks.

I realized we each had to sign our own form, as i said in my question, my husband and I are traveling separately. But a previous poster mentioned that the form on the link is the one used by the DC Embassy. i didn't know if that meant it differed from the one given at JRO.

But Karl kindly straightened me out. I think we'll probably go into DC and have one less thing to think about.

chris

Edited: 04 August 2013, 13:04
nyc
Level Contributor
15,035 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Visa Requirements for Tanzania

.... and what if someone had no access to the DC website (someone without a computer... there are still some out there), the Embassy is interested in the $$$, they'll take whatever form you present.

South Riding VA
Level Contributor
625 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Visa Requirements for Tanzania

Well, we didn't have that experience when we got our visas for China last year. I had inadvertently printed a different form for myself than I did for my husband. We had the money, but had to come back with my form.

I was just checking is all.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,468 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Visa Requirements for Tanzania

The downloaded form, completed, is accepted by Immigration at the Airport. I do this every time as sometimes the airline does give out the wrong one. Or the Immigration Official does not like the look of it.

This happened my last trip. Dodged the scramble for paper and pens. Straight up to Desk. Offered Airline form which was thrown back at me. So I presented the download. Accepted.

South Riding VA
Level Contributor
625 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Visa Requirements for Tanzania

Thanks. That's all I was asking since i know from experience that the look of the form can make a difference.

chris

Beeston, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
578 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Visa Requirements for Tanzania

If I am travelling from Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar, I don't need two seperate visas do I?!

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Visa Requirements for Tanzania

Tanzania is made up of two parts, mainland Tanzania (which prior to their Union government was called Tanganyika) and Zanzibar which is an archipelago off the coast of the mainland. These two were formed into a Union government in 1964, which was called Tanzania. Thus, a Tanzania visa is for all of Tanzania, including the islands. While they are one country they will check your passport and visa upon arrival on the islands.

Beeston, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
578 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Visa Requirements for Tanzania

Great thanks Karl! Just didn't want to be stung twice

Reply to: Visa Requirements for Tanzania
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted