We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour companies in Southern and Eastern Africa?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Tour companies in Southern and Eastern Africa?

Hey guys,

So I am travelling with a friend to Africa next year to volunteer for a few weeks, then head off on a tour through southern/eastern Africa, problem is I can't find enough feedback or reviews from the companies I am looking at (good or bad...theres nothing!, just worried a bit....we are 21 and female)

I've checked a few of the other threads and the FAQ but nothing seems to be helpful, so I decided on posting my own thread. If anyone has used or heard of the reputation of any of the following companies offering tours around Africa, it'd be greatly appreciated to hear your insight!

I'm looking at:

'safaris.toursa.com' <good prices, alternate camping or hostel trips for the same regions, lots of activities, seems like the best option....but absolutely zero feedback online.

topdeck.travel

worldexpeditions.com

geckosadventures.com/Africa

intrepidtravel.com

gadventures.com

Or if anyone has suggestions for reasonably priced tours between 2 and 4 weeks, covering preferably the east coast + zanzibar + vic falls it would be awesome :D

After 3-4 weeks camping during our volunteer placements, we would prefer to do a tour with accommodation in guesthouses, motels, units, etc rather than participation camping. But if theres nothing viable then we'll be fine to rough it a few more weeks I am sure :)

Any help at all will be appreciated!

Cheers,

Phoebe :)

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour companies in Southern and Eastern Africa?

I think these are all outside Africa tour agencies. I would suggest that you get a local Tanzania safari operator. Look on the tight side of this web page, 4th question down and follow that link, you will find plenty of safari operators who people on here have personal knowledge of.

Outside the country travel agents will sub contract with a local Tz safari operator (you must be licensed to take clients into the national parks, thus very few of those outside Tz have licenses). Going straight to the source will have you dealing with the person who will actually be providing the safari, and it will most probably cost you less. Most local safari operators, doing a private safari, will tailor your safari to what you wish to do and where you wish to stay.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,837 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour companies in Southern and Eastern Africa?

You may be on the wrong Forum. If you are looking for Overland trucking type trips from RSA to TZ I think there is an "Overlanding" or "Adventure travel" forum . Try there if I am correct.

3. Re: Tour companies in Southern and Eastern Africa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 06:19