We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Double Park Fees

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
372 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Double Park Fees

For my trip next March, one TO has us staying in Ndutu 2 nights and in Serengeti 2 nights. For the 2 nights in Ndutu, she's charging double park fees, for Ndutu and Serengeti, because she wants to maintain the flexibility of being able to go to either park depending on where the animals are best. When I asked couldn't I just pay the Serengeti fees on the spot if we decide to go to the Serengeti either or both of those days, she said it would just take more time and be more inconvenient to do it that way. Does it make sense to do it the TO's way and know that I might pay park fees I will not use?

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Double Park Fees

Ndutu is in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and has it's own park fees, same goes for the Serengeti. Another hitch in this is that for many of the gates you are not allowed to roll up and pay cash for the park fees, they have to be pre-paid and on an Exim bank card.

Do it the way the TO suggested, it will be less frustrating for you.

2. Re: Double Park Fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2013, 15:29
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,239 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Double Park Fees

Great Idea bdj.

Would it also work for clients to use their own Master Card for 'uncommitted' Fees?

4. Re: Double Park Fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 05:16