We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in tanzania / advice

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
10 days in tanzania / advice

Hi there,

My partner and i are headed to Tanzania for 10 days...no safari in view A.he's not interested B.it's quite expensive (so ill have to do it on my own).

The plan is to head up to Tanga area for 7 days, then 3 nights in stone town Zanzibar (since we'll probably beached out and will need a bit of a cultural lively thing, and do some shopping)..

now the thing is the 7 days we have in tanga area, we are thinking of fish eagle point, or capricorn cottages...emayani despite the good review has not really appealed to us for some reason.

I was wondering are the beaches better up north near fish eagle point for snorkelling? or better stay closer south of Tanga?

How is Pangani? worth a visit?...

basically am worried that 7 nights of beach can get a bit boring...views? thank you all..

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in tanzania / advice

Well, 7 nights of a beach would be boring for me, but I'm not a beach bum. There are some other things to do in the Tanga area. Perhaps Amani for some treking, or Lushoto for the same. Pangani is also a beach area and quite nice. You might want to go to the Tanga Yacht Club and see if there's someone there to take you out fishing. The Yacht Club is on Harbor Road about 1/2km down from the Mkonge Hotel. Another side bar might be the Amboni Caves (Make certain that you take a flashlight with you).

2. Re: 10 days in tanzania / advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 07:18