We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahale tour operators catering to "budget" travelers

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Mahale tour operators catering to "budget" travelers

I am looking to do a "budget" trip for two to Mahale this January. I use the term loosely as even a budget trip isnt cheap. We would use the commercial flight from Dar to Kigoma and hope to stay at the park bandas. So far I have struck out at four of four companies even a few who had a "budget" itinerary listed. Any recommendations? I have gone through countless google and ta searches my head is spinning. Thank you all so much.

Saint Paul...
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Serengeti National Park
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mahale tour operators catering to "budget" travelers

There may not be a flight to Kigoma these days. It was suspended due to airstrip issues and I don't know if that's ever been fixed.

Regarding budget travel to Mahale, it almost doesn't exist although let me do something I never do, which is talk about a specific tour operator - only because it's the only operator that I have ever heard of that helps people visit Mahale on a budget: Lipi Adventure. Note that I can not attest to the quality or value.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mahale tour operators catering to "budget" travelers

Budget travel and a visit to Mahale are almost a conflict in terms.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mahale tour operators catering to "budget" travelers

Yes I am definitely using the term budget loosely. From my research precision and air tz are currently operating the commercial flight from dar to kigoma. Maybe a better course of action at this point would be to contact a hotel in kigoma that offers tours to mahale or contact the national park directly. Thank you guys so much for the feedback :)

4. Re: Mahale tour operators catering to "budget" travelers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 05:17