We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari Infinity - Best of the best

Japan
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Safari Infinity - Best of the best

We had to plan our honeymoon less than a month in advance, due to issues with our work schedules, so we started to email several safari operators in Tanzania about 4 weeks before our planned departure. We were undecided about whether to visit both Kenya and Tanzania or only one of them, we had a bit more than 2 weeks in total for our trip and definitely wanted to see Zanzibar, so we asked for some options. We had never been to Africa before, so we were asking for advice on what we should not have missed, how to distribute the days between the safari and the time in Zanzibar, which parks would definitely be a must etc.

Out of all the replies we got, Lucia and Simon from Safari Infinity managed to beat their competitors by far, in terms of precision, extreme rapidity to reply to our emails (I forgot to mention that we live in Japan, there are 6 hours difference with Tanzania), kindness, willingness to help create a perfect plan for us, patience, professionalism and friendliness. We exchanged a lot of emails on a daily basis with them, asked tons of questions and always got precise answers, and eventually managed to create an itinerary that we thought would fit our needs perfectly. All of this during the peak season, so I guess it must have not been easy for them to book accommodations and internal flights with such a short notice. In about 2 weeks we decided our itinerary based on Lucia's suggestions, we got all our accommodations booked, all the internal flights booked as well, considering that these had to match the times of our flights to/from Japan. A few more emails to get some advice on vaccinations, visa, currency etc and we were all set to leave. And then our dream became true.

I do not have words to say how satisfied we are with this trip. It was the trip of our lifetime, it was our honeymoon, it was the most expensive trip we ever booked, it was ALL worth. For days after we came back I have been trying to find even one small tiny thing that went wrong during this trip, but I couldn't find any. I am not making this too big, the guys at Safari Infinity totally deserve it. I never heard about them before, I simply contacted them because of the excellent feedbacks they have on Tripadvisor. And now I am here to say it myself, they really are the best of the best. They genuinely care about making your trip a success, everything is cured in any detail, the guides they choose are excellent (more about this later), the accommodations are fantastic, and the entire organization is super. We have always been picked up and dropped off at the airports or other locations on time, we have even been given a local phone to make calls or send texts in case we needed it.

We arrived at Arusha airport where our guide, Kelly, picked us up. Not even 2 minutes after we landed we were given a great welcome with a very nice surprise. I do not want to spoil it here, go and find it yourself :) Kelly is possibly the nicest guide/driver I have ever met in my life, if Lucia and Simon were responsible for a superb organization and planning Kelly was responsible for a perfect delivery of the package. We spent 8 days with him from early morning to late evening, I have never seen him unhappy or tired. Kelly really enjoys what he does, sometimes he was even more enthusiastic than us when we spotted animals in the parks! He never ever ever loses his smile, he is calm, very knowledgeable, professional, customer-oriented, and a very fun person to be with. Kelly was definitely the person who made our safari an unforgettable experience, who made me take 43 GB of stunning pictures, who was always patient when I asked him to move the car to take a particular picture, or when we waited the entire day for the wildebeests to cross the river, the most beautiful picture I ever took in my life. Never did he lose his smile. He knows about every single thing that lives in the parks, he drives in the parks (god knows how he does that - in most areas there is absolutely nothing but bushes and trees) and is able to spots animals who are very far away and knows well the spots where it is more likely to spot animals. Also he knows the best places in the parks where to stop for a break with magnificent views and without other cars around. He is always calm, easy to deal with, but the best thing as I said is the fact that he really likes what he does. If you are on a safari with him you will immediately realize that.

Thanks to Kelly we had a lot of "private" safari shows (without other cars around), such as lionesses at a very close distance feeding their cubs, mom and baby rhino, leopards, cheetas and more. We saw all that we could possibly see, lots of close distance action and lots of excitement. We could not have asked for more. And sleeping in the parks with all those animals around.. it was such an amazing experience.. All the tented accommodations were fantastic, very comfortable and always with great food.

The second part of our trip was in Zanzibar, 1 full day in Stonetown (highly recommended) and 4 days in Nungwi, on the northern part of the island. In Stonetown we booked the city tour and the spice tour. Again, Safari Infinity put us in the hands of an excellent guide, Hamis, who made our short stay in this magic town very enjoyable. Hamis is a very friendly person, he smiles a lot (!) and knows everything in Stonetown and Zanzibar. I wish we had stayed a little longer in Stonetown, I loved the colors, the atmosphere and the crazy market. The spice tour was also a lot of fun, they are both half day tours. The Coffee House hotel in Stonetown was great, I loved the atmosphere so much. Finally we headed to Nungwi, always under the directions of Safari Infinity and their perfectly planned drivers and guides. We stayed at Hideaway Nungwi with an all-inclusive plan. White beach, new resort with beautiful rooms, a lot of relax and.. excellent food. The buffet was really excellent, plenty of choice and lots of variety. Great pool to relax and we loved the shisha bar after dinner. Relaxing on the beach was really the perfect thing to do after the safari experience.

I would recommend Safari Infinity to everyone, I am sure they are able to create the perfect itinerary for your needs. We appreciated their extreme flexibility to adjust things to our crazy last-minute schedules, their rapidity in responding to our emails (this is critical when you have such a short time to arrange everything), their precision and attention to the details (nothing, not even the smallest thing was left unclear), and, last but not least, their friendliness. Lucia and Simon are a beautiful couple, we met them when we arrived in Arusha and were so happy to see how friendly and pure-hearted they are. They made our honeymoon perfect, there were so many things that could have gone wrong or just "not perfect", but they did all they could to make our dream come true. And they did it. Thank you Lucia, Simon, Kelly and everyone at Safari Infinity, we will never forget this.

I uploaded some pics from our trip here, have a look:

https:/…P5Xk4gmAGf

South Riding VA
Level Contributor
623 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari Infinity - Best of the best

Nice report. Thanks. We are scheduled to travel with SI next year so I especially enjoyed hearing about it. I really liked the pictures - your photo of the night sky showed me what everyone is talking about.

Thanks again-chris

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,658 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari Infinity - Best of the best

Nice report and thanks for the share of your trip and Photos. TWO Black Rhino is plain greedy.

Hudson Valley, NY
Level Contributor
107 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari Infinity - Best of the best

Thanks for sharing, loved the pics of the lion cubs.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
17,104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari Infinity - Best of the best

Great photos,

California
Level Contributor
465 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safari Infinity - Best of the best

Glad to hear you had such a nice trip. Some really good shots... what was your camera setup?

Japan
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safari Infinity - Best of the best

Thanks everyone. I used a Lumix GH3 with 3 lenses, a 12-35 F2.8, a 35-100 F2.8 and a 100-300 F3.5-5.6. The camera is a m43 so all the full-frame equivalent focal lengths are 2x. And some post-production with Lightroom.

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Safari Infinity - Best of the best

Thanks for the great report! Wonderful photos! Especially loved the photos of the lion cubs!

We are looking forward to our trip with SI in April!

8. Re: Safari Infinity - Best of the best

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 05:17