We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tarangire Safari Lodge vs Kati Kati camp

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Tarangire Safari Lodge vs Kati Kati camp

We're planning a safari for late June/early July for 7 adults. We're staying in northern Tanzania for a total of 9 days. We have our itinerary almost finished and we are staying at both tarangire safari lodge and Kati Kati camp for 2 nights but are wanting to add one night but can't decide which one. We know they differ greatly but was looking for some advice on which you would stay an extra night at.

Another quick question, how much is a typical alcoholic drink at these lodges?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tarangire Safari Lodge vs Kati Kati camp

I haven't been to Kati Kati but I just spent 2 nights at Tarangire Safari Lodge with my wife and I had a hard time dragging her away from the place. She'd go back to Tanzania purely to stay there again. If you read the reviews on TA you know how good the place is - it's all true. Being on that patio at sunrise & sunset is amazing. Sitting on the patio at any time of the day watching the animals walk past below you is pretty remarkable. Not to mention the excellent food, the swimming pool, etc. Staying an extra night there can only be a good idea.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,230 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tarangire Safari Lodge vs Kati Kati camp

A very hard call but I am a great fan of TSL and like Frankhiker I would have no problems with another night there. OH to have that choice!

nb canada
Level Contributor
213 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tarangire Safari Lodge vs Kati Kati camp

<<Another quick question, how much is a typical alcoholic drink at these lodges?>>

TSL had a full bar, though the "Fancy" mixed drinks like margaritas were $10.00, beer i think $3-4 and wine $6 a glass

Kati Kati only has beer and wine, beer $2.00, wine I think was $5 a glass, but you can purchase a bottle for between $20-$25 and they will keep it and serve you the second night if you don't finish it.

Most of the beer are "big" bottles, 1.5 times what we get at home.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,461 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tarangire Safari Lodge vs Kati Kati camp

Much as I love enjoyable lodgings, I would base it on itinerary. This time of year may be a challenging call where the herds are compared to camp, so might say Kati Kati. But then, I would say Kati Kati anyway. More spartan than TSL, as it moves seasonalky, but also no more than ten tents, always well maintained, and for me, anything in the Serengeti is top choice.

If the intent is to chill an extra day, then TSL.

5. Re: Tarangire Safari Lodge vs Kati Kati camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:17