We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departure taxes, airport taxes and visa ?

Grasse, France
Level Contributor
195 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Departure taxes, airport taxes and visa ?

Hello,

I know this has been discussed before but an update would be appreciated and I have a few questions as well :

1) Visa fees are $50/pp for most of us. Can it be paid in TS also ? Are they ATM around in the airport ?

2) Are airport taxes already included in ticket prices for domestic (Coastal for me) and international flights (Emirates) ?

3) Departure/ exit taxes : It seems they charge domestic flights ($8/pp) and international flights ($40/pp). Are they included or excluded in our flight ticket (Emirates and Coastal for me) ?

Are Airport taxes and Departure taxes the same tax to be paid once only ?

Are the above figures up to date ?

If due, can all of them be paid in TS instead of USD ?

About money, can we withdraw only TS in ATM in Tanzania or also USD ?

thanks

Arusha
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Departure taxes, airport taxes and visa ?

I am not one hundred percent sure for every airline, but normally the taxes are included in the tickets. I never had to pay any extra when I arrived in TZ or left TZ.

The visa should be paid in USD I think, although I never asked or tried to pay in Tanzanian Shillings. It is better you take the amount in USD with you. The ATMs in Tanzania only give you Tanzanian Shillings, but there are some Bureau de Change in the big towns.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,617 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Departure taxes, airport taxes and visa ?

Visa on entry to be paid in USD. If entering at Kenya, they sometimes accept Euro or GBP, but can't attest that TNZ will.... best always to use the USD.

All international (as Emirates) flight should include all taxes and departure fees.

For internal flights TNZ mainland (safari) all taxes should be included if using Coastal.

Seems though if departing ZNZ to DAR, JRO or NBO some air carriers do charge a departure tax, but don't believe Coastal does... best to verify with them and if so, currency to be used.

Grasse, France
Level Contributor
195 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Departure taxes, airport taxes and visa ?

Ok,many thanks to both of you

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Departure taxes, airport taxes and visa ?

I flew into Dar in Aug with Emirates, and did several flights with Coastal (including ZNZ-Dar at the end) and never had to pay any extra taxes.

You will need US$ for visa. You can only get TSH from ATMs. There are ATMs at Dar airport- you exit into a covered outdoors area and the ATMs are to the right.

Placerville...
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Departure taxes, airport taxes and visa ?

Hi - I just (Dec. 4) paid $100 for a one year multiple entry visa - paid in US$. I have heard ATMs not recommended anywhere.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Departure taxes, airport taxes and visa ?

Visas are only $100 for Americans and Irish. The rest of us pay $50.

7. Re: Departure taxes, airport taxes and visa ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 06:18