We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FastJet Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar Canceled for Low Season

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
4 reviews
FastJet Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar Canceled for Low Season

I just spoke with the office of FastJet and it turns out that they will not be flying Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar during the low season. That means that they will not have any flights on this route after Feb 1st, 2014.

There is mixed info as to when the flights will restart. One person in the office told me they would restart on April 1st. But I find that hard to believe because April and May are the very low season. Another person told me it would probably restart on June 1st, but since they only make the routes available 90 days in advance, that will not be confirmed for a while.

I am surprised that FastJet did not put out a press release when they made the decision. This has been done in a way that will lower the level of confidence that people have in the company. I just hope that those that had booked tickets for Feb have already been informed so that they can make alternative arrangements.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: FastJet Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar Canceled for Low Season

Thanks for the good info. we wanted to fly Zanzibar to Kili next July, but is was too far out to confirm a flight. They told me by e-mail that the schedule for July was not yet set. then I realised they only seem to fly Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, but we must fly on a Sunday, so I ended up just booking on Precision (a hope for the best !)

Craig

2. Re: FastJet Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar Canceled for Low Season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 05:20