We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Suggestions

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Suggestions

I'm planning our first safari in africa and we're planning to spend 8 days in Tanzania and then leave for Uganda. Here is a suggested itinerary for our trip. I would love to hear your ideas and suggestions on it.

day 1: leave Arusha for Tarangire National Park - Overnight at Naitolia Camp

day 2: Walk with the Masai on the lake and leave for Ngorongoro Highlands and the crater - Overnight at Rhino Lodge

day 3: Leave for Serengeti - Overnight in tented camp

day 4: Game drive in serengeti - Overnights in tented camp

day 5: Game viewing in Serengeti, along the Grumeti River - Overnight at Speke Lodge

day 6: Wasukuma villages, ride in a dug out canoe and drive along the lakeshore to Mwanza

day 7: explore Mwanza - Leave Mwanza for Port Bell in Uganda (overnight ferry)

day 5:

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,074 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Suggestions

What month are you travelling? Might change some recommendations.

I'm doing something similar next year. Interesting that your are taking the ferry. Are you using the same car and driver in Uganda?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Suggestions

Hi, we're leaving Feb 28th so basically will be there early March. We are using a different TO for our Uganda trip and the Tanzania TO will be Eastco.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,074 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Suggestions

So, soon, that's good. I am using EASTCO all the way through. I didn't realize there was a ferry running again to Port Bell.

Will you have opportunity to see calving and the babies in Ndutu region? Of course, they could be anywhere, and it depends on your interest. Under canvas in the Serengeti is a wonderful thing. Have a great trip.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Suggestions

I'm hoping to see the calving and if not, I would still enjoy the sight of all the young ones running around! Can't wait for the next two months to go by quickly. I have booked my Uganda trip and the gorillas, Tanzania was actually a decision we made a couple of weeks ago, hence the late trip planning :)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,074 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Suggestions

I remember seeing your name in Uganda forum. My theory is 'if you are close, why not add on.....(fill in the blanks)". I am thinking of a 2 day layover in Istanbul. Why not?

6. Re: Itinerary Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 06:22