We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a Visa

Douglas, Isle of Man
Level Contributor
39 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Need a Visa

I'm starting to panic, please help someone. Me and the Mrs are due to fly to Tanzania in 3 weeks time. I was originally under the impression that we could do the visa paperwork on arrival in Kilimanjaro and just to re-assure myself that this WAS the case I wrote to the consulate in London who wrote back today recommending I sort the paperwork out BEFORE.

I live on the Isle of Man, so not the most convenient place to arrange this by post with only a couple fo weeks left.

Could someone please confirm catagorically that this CAN be done on arrival in Tanzania? I have a UK passport and the Mrs has a Finnish passport.

Many thanks for any help.

Gary

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,922 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a Visa

Local embassies always "recommend" you get visas in advance. It's because they want the revenue at their own embassy. Getting a visa on arrival is no problem, although it might mean a bit more of a wait.

Arusha
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a Visa

I absolutely agree with Stokeygirl. Don't worry - getting the visa on arrival won't be a problem.

Douglas, Isle of Man
Level Contributor
39 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a Visa

Thanks guys!

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a Visa

That's right, local embassies always suggest strongly that you use them, keeps them in business I guess.

Too bad that other Isle of Man character is traveling or you could telephone him and get assurances that this is the case. I can tell you that he hasn't gotten a visa in advance for visiting Tz in quite a while, as I haven't either.

Just go and get it when you arrive, it will be absolutely no problem.

Douglas, Isle of Man
Level Contributor
39 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a Visa

Thanks Karl.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,788 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a Visa

Perfect query for 'mfuwe' but 'he's on the road somewhere' and it's not the Isle of Man.

But as others, you can both purchase on arrival at JRO.

Just download the form, complete, keep with your passport (no photos required) and hand into agent on arrival with proper funds. They do not give change, so have exact amount due.

7. Re: Need a Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 06:18