We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need a transit visa

Kent, England
Level Contributor
88 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need a transit visa

Visting Tanzania for 10 days but entering via Nairobi to Kilimanjaro. Do I need a transit via for Kenya, as we are not leaving the airport I'm assuming not and just need a tourist visa for Tanzania? We are not visiting any other countries and are coming from the UK. Thanks

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3,906 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need a transit visa

You've got it right. Rules are if transiting NBO for more than 12 hrs you might be asked for Yellow Fever jab cert on arrival in Tanzania, however---just in case you haven't had it already.

Rushden, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need a transit visa

We are doing the same. Have 2 hours in Narobi then on to Kilimanjaro. Flying from Heathrow. What halls to luggage? Can someone please help? Going in 5 weeks and thirst are the only 2 things stressing me out!

Edited: 06 March 2014, 06:39
Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need a transit visa

I am not certain what you are asking for in your question. But when you get to Nairobi, if you have had your luggage forwarded on to Kilimanjaro airport (JRO) there is nothing to do except to get to the gate your flight to Kilimanjaro is at. Nairobi is a rather small airport (but large compared to Kilimanjaro) and you will most probably be staying within the International concourse of the airport, you won't need to go through passport control or anything like that, you are in transit and not leaving the airport (thus no visa or anything like that needed.)

Just remember at Heathrow to have your luggage sent through to JRO (I always look at the tag they produce to make certain it is going where it needs to go).

If this doesn't answer what you are asking for, then please clarify.

4. Re: Do I need a transit visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 06:27