I've already gotten so much out of TripAdvisor and envy those of you with all the experience and hope I can share my experience as I start to gain some! Thanks in advance for any and all help/advice.
I'm planning a safari for July and am trying to figure out the best order to do everything I'd like to do.
I'd like to do the following:
-3 nights Northern Serengeti
-2 nights Central Serengeti
-1 night Ngorongoro crater
-2 nights in Tarangire.
Perhaps it's more correct to say that I'd like to get to be out and about 3 days in NS, 2 days in CS, 1 6 hour game drive into the crater, and get 2 days worth of game drives in Tarangire.
We'll be flying in and out of Nairobi and presumably will start and end in Arusha. My specific questions are:
1. Should we start by going to Tarangire and then work our way up to the Crater, then Serengeti, or should we get to the Serengeti first and then work our way down to Tarangire?
2. If we have private transport is it better to just drive everywhere, or should we plan on some flying?
3. If we fly would you just fly from the Northern Serengeti to Arusha (or Arusha to NS if we go in that order) or would you include flights for other transfers as well?
4. Given that we'll be driving right past Lake Manyara, is this a "must-see" or are we better served just getting to the Crater?
5.Do we have time to spend in Manyara if we're driving from Tarangire to Ngorongoro or is this a full-day's drive without time to stop?
5. If we do the 6 hour morning game drive at Ngorongoro will we have time to get from there to the Central Serengeti that night or do we need to spend the night before driving on to the Central Serengeti?
Any other advice is always appreciated!
Again, thank you so much for your help!