We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on 2 week Honeymoon in Tanzania in March

Houston, Texas
14 posts
Save Topic
Feedback on 2 week Honeymoon in Tanzania in March

Hello - I've been scouring the forums for tips, and have reached out to a few operators for info/suggested itineraries. We are booking somewhat of a last minute trip, during the 2nd and 3rd weeks of March. My husband has family in Nairobi so we'd like to spend a day or 2 there if possible on the way in or on the way out. I've thinking a 5-7 day safari + 3 days in Zanzibar + 1 day in Stone Town + 1-2 days in Nairobi. Maybe we can fly in and out of Nairobi to make things easier (or 1 way)? We can flex the dates a bit and add a day or 2 if needed. We've never been to sub-Sahara Africa so we are excited about our first safari!!

Basecamp got back to me with a few options, this is a 7 day itinerary. Should we fly one way to save some time??

Any feedback on this? Anything to change or add? thank you so much!

DAY 0

Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport - Stay in Arusha

DAY 1

Leaving Arusha, drive to Tarangire National Park

DAY 2.

game drive until lunch,after which go to Lake Manyara National Park, game drive

DAY 3.

cultural tour in the AM, then drive to Serengeti National Park.• Game Driving

DAY 4.

A full day, dawn to dusk Game Driving in the Serengeti National Park.

DAY 5.

Last game drive in Serengeti National Park taking in some of the "Kopjes / Inselbergen" granite outcrops. En-Route to Ngorongoro Crater: En-route we stop at Oldupai Gorge to visit the 'Cradle Of Mankind'.

DAY 6

Ngorongoro Crater - spend the maximum of six hours allowed game driving. Late afternoon exit & return to Arusha Overnight ILBORU SAFARI LODGEBLD

DAY 7

Departure Day:• Transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport for those returning home.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,419 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Feedback on 2 week Honeymoon in Tanzania in March

Consider an 'open jaw' ticket - in one city (NBO) visit with family, then road or air onto Tanzania for safari; fly to Zanzibar, from Zanzibar fly to DAR (southern TNZ) for homebound flight.

KLM, Swiss, Ethiopian, Emirates, Qatar and others do these routes. Prices are often better w/ open jaw than round trip But do check how many stops each way as some do backtrack though this stop is usually only 1/hr. Emirates sure doesn't backtrack nor does KLM though Qatar might. .Turkish might have the best fares, but their flights get in early morning at 2am and depart around 4am... ugh!

Check Kayak, www.kayak.com for fares/schedules.

Houston, Texas
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Feedback on 2 week Honeymoon in Tanzania in March

thank you, that is exactly what I'm searching for this evening. Turkish Airlines seems to have the best prices out of Houston, although there are a lot of options as you mention. :)

3. Re: Feedback on 2 week Honeymoon in Tanzania in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 07:19