We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Manyara alternative lodging

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Manyara alternative lodging

Our first choice was Kirurumu Lodge, at which we are currently waitlisted for July. What would you recommend as a substitute? Thanks!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Manyara alternative lodging

We were on safari two weeks ago and stayed at the Serena. It was great for us.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Manyara alternative lodging

Thanks

3. Re: Lake Manyara alternative lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 11:29
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,624 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Manyara alternative lodging

We had five nights over Christmas at Ol Mesera www.ol-mesera.com which is about 11km north of the park gate. Lovely setting. Lovely people. My 2nd visit. Check out the reviews. Only small so very intimate. Kirurumu I also love and have stayed there many times and would do so again but Serena would bust my budget.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Manyara alternative lodging

Thanks all

Bristol
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Manyara alternative lodging

Wouldn't bother with the Serena, I have stayed there and found it too large and impersonal. If you can't get into Kirurumu which I loved then I would also suggest Ol Mesera. Lovely setting. Only 6 tents with lovely views. Food simple but excellent. Staff all come from the local Masai community. And Barbara who owns it is a lovely woman and a joy to meet. We stayed for 2 nights last April and I would highly recommend a stay there.

Edited: 22 January 2014, 22:10
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Manyara alternative lodging

Good news--we got in to Kirurumu! I do appreciate your help, even though we ended up not needing it.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,624 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake Manyara alternative lodging

Pleased to have helped. Enjoy your trip.

9. Re: Lake Manyara alternative lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 07:18