We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Base Camp the Best Choice?

Springfield...
2 posts
Save Topic
Is Base Camp the Best Choice?

I'm rewarding myself with a trip to Tanzania in May or June 2015 after I graduate from college. I'm just beginning my trip planning and have seen a lot of information. It's kind of overwhelming. I've seen great reviews for Base Camp. That's more or less the route I want to take, camping as opposed to a resort. I'm traveling with cameras and wondered if they would be secure in the camping environment?

Any ideas on travel operators, Base Camp, or just travel to Tanzania in general would be most helpful. I'm so excited about this.

Thanks!

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Base Camp the Best Choice?

Each person who has traveled has their own opinion about the company they traveled with. The companies that seem to get the best reviews here are Basecamp, Eastco, Swala, Safari Infinity, Access to Tanzania, and I used Shidolya, and had a great trip. But, there are many more out there too. You should get a number of quotes and compare prices, and comfort level/information given. There is a great deal of variance in the quotes you will get. If you have questions about Shidolya, the one I used, feel free to ask, or ask about any of the others and someone will answer.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Base Camp the Best Choice?

If you have alot of gadgets then we recommend you use lodges or permanent camps due to consistent electricity in those places.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,603 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Base Camp the Best Choice?

Is anybody the best choice? I think they are ALL a good choice with the exception of one or two 'known suspects' which a search on here will soon show up.

By and large most folks have a great time with only a very few travellers running into a problem.

the list on the right ,4th down, may answer a lot of your questions.

Good luck.

4. Re: Is Base Camp the Best Choice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 06:18