We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Precautions when working on farm

South Riding VA
Level Contributor
619 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Precautions when working on farm

This is rather a weird question because I really don't know the appropriate question to ask.

When I initially inquired about volunteering opportunities one organization suggested that they had a need for someone to garden in the morning and then work with the kids in the afternoon after they return from school.

Well, in my most recent communication the "gardening" work has transformed into "farm work." There would be the usual planting and harvesting, but there is some need for care of the farm animals.

This is a farm connected to the orphanage that practices permaculture. It is in Moshi if it makes any difference.

Are there any precautions that should be taken or concerns with working in this kind of environment? (Besides them being unprepared for the farm skills of a lawyer from Washington, DC!)

Thanks-chris

South Riding VA
Level Contributor
619 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Precautions when working on farm

I thank you, Aloha, for the kind compliment, but there are many more on the forum who have done more than I could even think about doing. (But I intend to keep trying to catch up in whatever way I can. :-) )

chris

Bristol
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Precautions when working on farm

Chris, sounds like your trip will be amazing. As you know we love spending time with Tanzanians, both in a work environment and socially. And yes being invited into people's houses is wonderful. I can't wait to read about your trip.

23. Re: Precautions when working on farm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 07:15