We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tanzania safari @ 2000$ ????

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
74 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
tanzania safari @ 2000$ ????

Dear friends having decided that me and my husband would like to do a Tanzanian safari in February, I would request suggestions on whether or not its possible to do it in $2000 per person flight excluded. I would like to concentrate on Arusha- Ngorongoro Crater-Serengeti Park - Tarangire Park- Lake Manyara. We don't need super luxary resorts but at least one with clean amenities. Is it doable? And if yes can you suggest reputable budget tanzania tour operators and possible itinerary? If not we'll have to cancel the plan totally....please helpppppp

1. Re: tanzania safari @ 2000$ ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 23:05
Toronto
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tanzania safari @ 2000$ ????

We booked with Bascamp tanzania for around that price for a 7day safari in lodges. Many people on tripadvisor have recommended this company http://www.basecamptanzania.com/

3. Re: tanzania safari @ 2000$ ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 04:05
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
74 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tanzania safari @ 2000$ ????

Leventc thank you so much for your response. My morale is boosted. In fact my second option was turkey and I see you are from Istanbul so friend if this doesn't work out, I will write to you again .my second question is do you think I can afford three star accommodation in this budget bcoz what I see on websites is exhorbient? Do you have Any particular operator in your mind? Let me know

Edited: 26 May 2014, 20:10
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
74 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tanzania safari @ 2000$ ????

Dear gammay...thanks for advice on operator. Base camp Tanzania have got a fairly good review so I will write to them. I just have a question...what kind of accommodations do they offer? How basic or luxurious are they? Also I need clarity about the itinerary. Is it totally carved in stone or one can have some deviations and customisations? Thanks

nyc
Level Contributor
14,424 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: tanzania safari @ 2000$ ????

February is one of the busiest periods, and for $2K/pp, don't expect luxury and maybe not even a lodge. Most likely will be a budget camping safari staying on public campsites with shared facilities - bathrooms/showers. This includes a guide/driver and cook, providing domed tents. Also depends on # of days you'll be in-country which you do not indicate.

But contact Basecamp and see what he has to offer.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
74 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tanzania safari @ 2000$ ????

Sandi I was thinking of maybe eight to ten days...do you think that's okay for my budget? Having set my eyes on Tanzania, I want to atleast try and see if it can workout else my bad :( :(

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tanzania safari @ 2000$ ????

Look at the topics on the right side and see #4 for a list of recommended operators. Email a number of different operators and tell them your needs and budget to see what they come up with or suggest. Some that are recommended here are: Eastco, Basecamp, Swala, Shidolya, Access2Tanzania, Safari Infinity, Roys. There will be many recommendations, and prices ranges, then you can narrow down. My best quote was from Shidolya, and I had a great trip with them, but it cost more than your budget, so see what they can do before you decide.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,703 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: tanzania safari @ 2000$ ????

charu604

I would email the companies mentioned by sciguy above for comparison purposes many of the above can offer quite a cheap safari by using accommodation they own themselves....some of the companies though offer quite expensive trips an email will sort them out for you.

You should be able to get a safari with a mixture of lodges and camps in different locations both inside and outside the parks.

Be wary of post 1 in my opinion they are trying to lead you to a company of their own.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
74 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tanzania safari @ 2000$ ????

Thanks all for the amazingly information in this forum. As suggested I have mailed operators and some have got back to me. What I have understood is most are offering basic camping at campsites in different locations. Do you think I can push for something more in my budget which like I mentioned is $ 2000 flight excluded. I have the questions as listed below. Some may be naive but this is my first trip so would really appreciate help.

1) What is the difference between lodges, camping & tented camps? What would be the toilet facilities in basic camping like? Please elaborate on the same.

2) Is there an option of having private camping/basic camping with en-suite toilet? Or in a public campsite can one extra to have a private toilet?

3)MY rough itinerary....suggestions please. There might be a better order to do things so kindly give me feedback or suggestions to cut cost.

Arusha along with a day at Arusha National Park.

Tarangire or Lake Manyara or should I do both. I read somewhere that Tarangire is not great in February. Is it true? Hoe many days for each. Was thinking one each? Is it sufficient? Or should I drop one and spend two in the other instead?

South Serengiti & Ndutu- was thinking three days...should it be more.

Ngorongo Crater & Conservation Area- two days ...is one enough?

Visit to visit Masai community or some walking tour.

Back to Arusha or Kilimanjaro and fly back.

4) I want to do atleast one nice lodge at any of the above just to indulge. Possible??? Nd where???

Please help in any way possible. I have the list of operators but more than that the list of accomodations would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.