We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Donation -ACTT

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
590 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Donation -ACTT

Hopefully this is ok to post, as this is not really a question but I just wanted to thank Shepofbristol for the information regarding ACTT. I have been in contact with Robert from the organization for a few weeks and I will be donating a laptop and printer to the school I will be visiting on my trip. This is not something I would have thought of before it was mentioned to me here on TA. Robert has been most kind and helpful. Even though it is not a full lab he will be sending a tech or himself along with me when I go to make sure it is setup properly and person who will be handling hardware is shown tips to use.

I'm 3 months away still from leaving but I very much appreciate all the information provided by everyone. I don't post too many questions regarding my trip specifically as I find a lot of questions answered in previous posts.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
373 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Donation -ACTT

Robert was wonderful when we were there and went above and beyond just facilitating us setting up a computer lab there. He is a great guy and very responsive.

Bristol
Level Contributor
2,779 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Donation -ACTT

Hi Kim, Glad to hear it is all working out. Robert and his staff at ACTT are lovely and work really hard to help anyone who would like to support a school with computers, however large or small that donation is. We have now supported the work of ACTT for about 4 years and we only ever receive positive feed back from anyone like you who decides to get involved. Whatever you can donate will make a real difference to the children and staff at the school you are helping so thank you for that. And you will also have a great visit at the school the day you deliver the laptop and printer - they will be so happy!! I am sure this will end up being a day you never forget.

If anyone else who is visiting Tanzania would like to help a school with computers through ACTT please feel free to contact me and ask any questions. Working with ACTT is a very personal experience which offers huge rewards to everyone involved. Or if you would like more information on the work of ACTT please visit their website at

www.actt.co.tz

Donations can be large or small and there are numerous ways to get involved all of which will really benefit the people of Tanzania and really add a completely different experience to your trip.

Edited: 14 June 2014, 14:29
Mercer Island...
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Donation -ACTT

Ditto we also funded a computer lab for a school in Arusha and it was a wonderful experience for our family and Robert was a pleasure to work with!!! I just posted a trip review with some info on our school visit.

4. Re: Donation -ACTT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2015, 07:15