We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning itinerary for August/ September 2015

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
75 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Planning itinerary for August/ September 2015

I have been reading up TA forum posts in preparation for our trip to Tanzania next year. I thought I have a long time more to finalize things but just read a few of posts on this forum that strongly recommended reservations a full year ahead.

The plan is to be there in time for the migration/ river crossing. I know it is difficult to predict river crossing but what would be our best bet time wise? End August? Early September?

We are looking at mid range accomdoation but I am wondering whether to move slightly upmarket in Serengeti to Lemala Mara ( 2 nights) and Lemala Ewanjan ( 1 night) instead of North Serengeti Wilderness Camp ( 2 nights) and Serengeti Savannah camps ( 1 night).

Also in Ngorongoro wondering whether to take both nights in one place - either Rhino Lodge or Ngrongoro Farm House and if so which would be better. I am told one is inside the park and the other outside.

here is the plan.

Day 1 & 2 – Tarangire National park - overnight Maramboi tented camp

Day 3 - Drive across Ngorongoro Highlands to Serengeti National park – overnight in Serengeti Osupuko Camp

Day 4 - drive to the northern part of Serengeti following the migration of wildebeest along Mara river. – overnight North Serengeti Wilderness Camp ( or Lemala Mara)

Day 5 - a full day game drive at the migration area along Mara river – overnight North Serengeti Wilderness Camp ( or Lemala Mara)

Day 6 – Drive to Central parts of Serengeti – overnight Serengeti Savannah camps ( or Lemala Ewanjan)

Day 7 - Game drive at Serengeti en route to Ngorongoro with a stop Olduvai Gorge – overnight Ngorongoro Rhino Lodge.

Day 8 - descend Ngorongoro crater for full day game drive on the crater floor. – overnight Ngorongoro Farm house

Day 9 – head back to Arusha for flight back home

Would really value input from you guys.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Serengeti Wilderness Camp
Serengeti Wilderness Camp
148 Reviews
Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Ngorongoro Conservation...
Arusha Region, Tanzania
Ngorongoro Rhino Lodge
Ngorongoro Rhino Lodge
739 Reviews
Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tanzania
Tarangire National Park
Tarangire National Park
821 Reviews
Tarangire National Park, Tanzania
Olduvai Gorge
Olduvai Gorge
660 Reviews
Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
Ngorongoro Crater
Ngorongoro Crater
3,450 Reviews
Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Tanzania
Arusha
Arusha
Arusha Region, Tanzania
1. Re: Planning itinerary for August/ September 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 06:17