We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Living

Hyderabad, Andhra...
2 posts
Save Topic
Cost of Living

Hi

This leela kumar chartered accountant from india has been offered a job in instignia ltd (a paints mfg company in dar-es-salam) as a Manager in Internal Audit

They have been offered me 1300USD+400USD(Equivalent to Local Currency for meeting local expenses+ Furnished Accomodation+ Telephone Bill+Transportation

My Concern is whether the amount offered to me is sufficient for leading above normal life there

I am bachelor and have been working in a good company with good package

Whether the climate suits to indians generally

What are the precautions to be taken while staying there

How country is safe

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,193 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Living

Is that per week..month or year...salary I mean.

"Whether the climate suits to indians generally"

Why are Indians different to other people????

If you knew your history you will know that Indians were bought to East Africa to work on the railways in the 19th century...most survived and thrived...a few got eaten by lions but that didn't stop small businesses and duka's springing up everywhere.

People can thrive in Tanzania if they want to.......all Nationalities.

It is one of the most peaceful African countries I have visited or know.

There is a very large Indian (sic) population and a large expat (including Indians) population..... after the hassles in Zimbabwe many Zimbabweans moved there as well.

After and during the genocide in Rwanda over a million wandered over and many stayed.

Tanzania is one of the most welcoming countries in the world.

They can certainly teach the current Australian PM and government a thing or 2 about racial harmony, and human rights.

About 50% of the pop. is of the Muslim religion and 50% of the Christian religion ...there are many Hindus and other religions as well.

Unlike other countries no body cares much who you are or where you come from....Interest is there of course but that's about all.

I am an atheist and lived there for 30 years, married a Christian and one of my best friends was a Muslim.

The only difference between him and my wife was he went to the mosque on Friday and she went to Church on Sunday.

Recently I saw some posts commenting on the medical facilities there...I didn't comment because my experience is completely different....

There are great hospitals in Arusha, Dodoma, Moshi and Dar. In most country areas there are great rural clinics..not run by an alcoholic vet but Rural medical officers often there are private clinics and clean.

There is a really well developing very rich middle class well travelled who are now demanding all that we in the West take for granted.

There are the normal precautions to take when travelling but commonsense should prevail.

I would make sure you wash your hands on a very regular basis.

So in summary the country is safe and relatively free of prejudice all Nationalities and religions are welcome.

They could teach other countries a thing or 2.

Oh and they are concerned about Global warming.....we in Australia aren't.

2. Re: Cost of Living

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 06:17