We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews on Northern Circuit Adventure safari tour operator?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews on Northern Circuit Adventure safari tour operator?

Has anybody used this Safari tour operator for a northern circuit safari in Tanzania?

They seem to have a large amount of reviews on safaribooking.com but i'm a bit suspicious of the sheer amount of reviews!

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks

Andy

50 replies to this topic
Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
591 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews on Northern Circuit Adventure safari tour operator?

I've not used them and not heard of them.

If you are suspicious of the number of reviews (38), ask for a list of references and contact these people. Preferably by phone; email is too easy to "fudge" who the respondent is.

How did you come by their name? There are hundreds of companies on SafariBookings.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,390 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews on Northern Circuit Adventure safari tour operator?

If you have suspicions now then my advice is to steer clear. Lots of other trustworthy TOs out there so mwhy take the risk..

Reviews can be faked.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews on Northern Circuit Adventure safari tour operator?

Thanks for your reply, I did a filtered search on safaribookings and they were one that was left. All i'm looking to book is a group lodged safari for the northern circuit in Tanzania. Can you recommend any Tour operators?

Thanks

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews on Northern Circuit Adventure safari tour operator?

The said company is licensed since 2010 and hold membership of TOs in Tanzania. The owner is Michael Nandllo, is a small company but there reliable and smart on what they’re doing. So you might proceed with them if you had a competitive pricing .

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
591 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviews on Northern Circuit Adventure safari tour operator?

There are many reputable tour operators, many of which have been reviewed here on the forum. And about 300 or so have a TALA license, with probably a thousand more operating without one. I agree that if you have concerns/suspicions now, why move forward with them, when there are so many to choose from?

Belgrade, Serbia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviews on Northern Circuit Adventure safari tour operator?

Hi,

Have you been on safari with them? If yes, please describe your experience. I am on one step to pick up them for end of Dec safari.

Regards

Jelena

Save Reply
7. Re: Reviews on Northern Circuit Adventure safari tour operator?

We booked a 3 day Safari with Northern Circuit in November 2014.

The Safari and all the Transfers were well organized. We had the best guide ever (Denis). He spotted all animals and knew a lot to tell about the National Parks, animal behavior and also Tanzanian culture. Also the Manager from Northern Circuit (Michael) is great.

Unfortunately they had booked for us an overpriced, but low quality hotel in Arusha. It is called cloudsview hotel (http://cloudsviewhotel.com/). It is located far from the center at a noisy street. Although everything was clean and the staff friendly, the service quality is bad, the breakfast not worth the $90 per night ad the WiFi does not work (because of internal network login issues). In the end they also wanted to charge items, which they said we had consumed, but which were actually part of the breakfast. Dreadful place!

We definitely recommend Northern Circuit, but ask for a different hotel!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,390 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reviews on Northern Circuit Adventure safari tour operator?

Judge people by the company they keep, or the Hotels they book you into. NCA should know the Hotel and are at fault for booking your there. That is why you use an agent. As Clouds max price is only $80 per night it seems NCA may have added a bit for themselves. That is not what a good TO should do.

Malta
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Reviews on Northern Circuit Adventure safari tour operator?

We booked a 4 day Safari (Lake Manyara, Serengeti & Ngorongoro) with Northern Circuit Adventure in November 2014. Everything was well organized and planned . We arrived in Kilimanjaro and a taxi driver was waiting for us at the airport. He took us straight to the hotel (Clouds View hotel) which had nice hot showers and good food at a very reasonable price ($40 per night for two persons on B&B). Our guide was a very responsible person and English speaking named Dennis. He knew everything about the natural reserve parks, Animals & Tanzanian Culture. Also the chef named Musa always took care of us when it comes to food. The Manager from Northern Circuit named Michael is very helpful and a great guy. I strongly recommend Northern Circuit Adventure for Safari in Tanzania.

Norway
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Reviews on Northern Circuit Adventure safari tour operator?

Me and my wife used Northern Circuit Adventure in July 2014. I found them on safaribookings.com, and contacted the director Michael on e-mail. He responded me fast, and we exchanged several e-mails where he offered us some safari options after our wishes. In the end we chose a 4days/3nights safari. We paid a part in advanced through their webpage. This was perfectly safe. We were picked up when we arrived the airport in Kilimajaro. The airline (Kenya airways) didn't bring our luggage, and we put the director Michael as a contact person. He helped us with contacting the air company, and made sure we received our luggage the next day.

We went on a safari to lake manyara, Serengeti (2 days), and the ngorongoro crater. The safari was amazing, well organized. We were a 5 people in the group, with a chef and a driver/guide. The guide was excellent, and the food as well.

I had wanted to go on a safari in Africa for many years, and I was 100% satisfied with the safari with northern circuit adventure. We received a safari to a very good price, the communication with Michael and the payment in advance went good and safe, and the safari was excellent. I have no problems recommending northern circuit adventure to anyone considering a safari in Africa/Tanzania.

Reply to: Reviews on Northern Circuit Adventure safari tour operator?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted