We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

availability of "Depends" type products re incontinence

Narragansett, Rhode...
Level Contributor
53 posts
283 reviews
Save Topic
availability of "Depends" type products re incontinence

We will be traveling to Tanzania in September, that is ; Serengeti, Ngorongoro , Moshi and Zanzibar regions. I am recovering from prostate surgery and consequently related incontinence issues.Although i will be bring a supply of Depends from the US, just wondering the availability of Depends type products in any of the above regions or nearby towns.

Thanks Bill

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,858 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: availability of "Depends" type products re incontinence

Your best bet is to bring all you may need with you. There is the occasional store in Arusha or Moshi that carry Western products so may carry them (such as the Nakumat in Moshi), but chances are slim. You don't mention where in Zanzibar. If going to Stonetown, then possibly, but would not rely on it.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 21:38
South Riding VA
Level Contributor
623 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: availability of "Depends" type products re incontinence

I was mainly in the Arusha area, but I'm certain Moshi is similar. I can't tell you that they would have them in a supermarket - I just don't know, they could. But I had occasion to visit several pharmacies while in Arusha and they would have them. I'd make sure you have enough time before you set out on safari to find a pharmacy in Moshi. I don't think you will have a chance to get them after you get out of the "big town."

chris

Edited: 17 August 2014, 22:13
Narragansett, Rhode...
Level Contributor
53 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: availability of "Depends" type products re incontinence

THANK YOU....will plan as you suggested Bill

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: availability of "Depends" type products re incontinence

Perhaps you can ask your TO to find out?

Happy travels!

Narragansett, Rhode...
Level Contributor
53 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: availability of "Depends" type products re incontinence

yes Thank You...that was my next inquiry. Bill

Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: availability of "Depends" type products re incontinence

Hi Bill

You may want to try a condom catheter with a small leg bag. Much lighter in weight and bulk, much easier to dispose of and much more discreet.

PS Thrilled to see it is not putting you off travelling! Continued good health to you!

7. Re: availability of "Depends" type products re incontinence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 06:17