We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night 2 days safari

muumimaailmasta
2 posts
Save Topic
1 night 2 days safari

Hi!

Does anyone know a reliable low budget safari company that organizes short trips from Dar to Mikumi or Selous? Our budget is between 200-350 $ per person.

I would also like to know about the tide on Zanibar, is the east coast a bad choice if you want to lay on the beach during the day? Recommendations- east, west or north coast?accomondation?

Regards Nina

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night 2 days safari

Hi

Try Kearsleys or Takims tours in Dar Es Salaam.

Wellington/Dodoma
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night 2 days safari

Hi Nipsu

The beaches on the east coast of Z'bar are tidal so for much of the day the water is a long way from the beach. For me this has little impact on lying on the beach all day as you can be in a hammock or beach bed thing when the tide is out and then swim when the tide comes in. However, if you are someone who likes to get in and out of the water all day then the east coast is not for you.

The trade off with the East Coast is that it is much quieter than the northern beaches. For me, I would rather have swimming twice a day and less people than swimming all the time and lots of people. But some people prefer the opposite.

Wellington/Dodoma
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night 2 days safari

Hi Nipsu

The beaches on the east coast of Z'bar are tidal so for much of the day the water is a long way from the beach. For me this has little impact on lying on the beach all day as you can be in a hammock or beach bed thing when the tide is out and then swim when the tide comes in. However, if you are someone who likes to get in and out of the water all day then the east coast is not for you.

The trade off with the East Coast is that it is much quieter than the northern beaches. For me, I would rather have swimming twice a day and less people than swimming all the time and lots of people. But some people prefer the opposite.

4. Re: 1 night 2 days safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 01:18