We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport lockers at DAR airport?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
airport lockers at DAR airport?

Are there any safe airport lockers at DAR airport where we could keep our luggage while we go for dinner?

Or should we bring our luggage along with us for dinner?

Our safari operator has offered to hire a car to take us for dinner. Will it be safe to leave the luggage in the "boot" of the car, locked?

Are there any good restaurants in the airport where we can get a nice meal?

Thank you

May43

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,815 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport lockers at DAR airport?

I should go with your Safari Operator. You will get a reliable driver and leave your cases in the boot of the car. The driver will wait for you and act as a guard. I don't recall seeing a Restaurant in the aiprort but then again it is not a place I would linger.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport lockers at DAR airport?

There's a small cafe on the 2nd floor of the airport, and a small restaurant which serves local food. I wouldn't recommend either.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport lockers at DAR airport?

thank you very much for your advice. I will take up the offer of my tour operator and go for dinner down town at the Chinese restaurant We have to make sure that we will not go over 15 kgs for the the air flight to Selous since there are no safe lockers to put any extra luggage at the airport.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport lockers at DAR airport?

If you are going to be flying back with the same air carrier you might ask them if you could stow some of your luggage in their strong room, and pick it up when you return. Most would do that for you.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport lockers at DAR airport?

Thanks, I have done that and they will store my extra luggage until I get back to DAR.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport lockers at DAR airport?

"There's a small cafe on the 2nd floor of the airport, and a small restaurant which serves local food. I wouldn't recommend either."

That food isn't nice, but it isn't all that bad either. It's a bit overpriced of course. I can't remember what I ate there except that I used the spicy ketchup on it. That ketchup is pretty good stuff.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,815 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport lockers at DAR airport?

that Ketchup is chilli sauce. Handle with care.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport lockers at DAR airport?

That's the only ketchup which I will use there, but I like things pili pili.

The food many times isn't refrigerated in that restaurant, sitting out all day or more (unfortunately sometimes a typical situation there) and I wouldn't trust it to be healthy. And who needs stomach trouble on the flight back.

9. Re: airport lockers at DAR airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2009, 07:20