We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do you know these operators?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
225 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
do you know these operators?

I have a friend who has been getting quotes from several tour operators out of Dar es Salaam. He asked me to list those he is seriously considering. Has anyone has had any dealings with them?

they are: Migao Tours & Travel Ltd; and

Dynamic Motors and Safaris, Ltd.

Thanks for any responses.

Breakdown Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Kanuth Adventure Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Safari Unique Ltd
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Multi-day Tours, Safaris, Boat Tours
Awesome Wild Safaris
Multi-day Tours, Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: do you know these operators?

I haven't heard of either of them I would imagine they are new companies. In my opinion I would opt for more well known mainstream operators that at least some of the regulars here know. A safari is a lot of money as are the airfares and things do go wrong but you can try and limit this by do really good research on the operator and if a new company ask them for comments from previous clients, a copy of a TALA liscence, and other references. If they are not in any guide books, havent been mentioned on any of the forums (Fodors, Lonely planet) and are not recognized by any regular posters I would be wary.

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: do you know these operators?

FYI the 2010 Tala licences have not yet been issued, happens sometimes that they are very late :-)

Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: do you know these operators?

All mentioned Operators are Based in Zanzibar.

The best option is to deal with the operators of concerned sector.

If is Dar es Salaam use the one based in Dar,and if is Zanzibar find the one based in Zanzibar,if is Safaris to Northern Circuit find some one in Arusha or Moshi.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: do you know these operators?

Linda.. I agree with the above on finding someone in the local to the area you will be doing your safari at. There are scads of operators suggested on this forum, do some searching on this forum and you will find them.

5. Re: do you know these operators?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2010, 07:16
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor