We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Dar -es-Salaam. Query about the VISA

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to Dar -es-Salaam. Query about the VISA

Hi,

I already have my visa for my upcoming visit to Dar-es-Salaam. What is the procedure at the airport if I already have my VISA? If somebody could help, that would be appreciated.. Also are there porters readily available at the airport? I am arriving quite late so just want to make sure.

Many thanks

salima

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,099 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Dar -es-Salaam. Query about the VISA

The procedure is much the same as for any airport - you follow the crowd.

Fairly soon, you will meet the Immigration desks, where you present your passport and visa. You get your passport stamped and you walk through to collect your luggage.

I can't remember if there are porters, but if there aren't it must be the only airport in Africa without them.

You could always use a trolley....

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Dar -es-Salaam. Query about the VISA

There are porters there, and they will bug you so they can get a tip. You really don't need them. Get a cart, or if a porter tries to come up to you with a hand cart just take it from him. They are also in the area and they are free to use. You can push them at the baggage belt (which is where the carts are located) and through customs, and on to the taxi. They don't cost anything, but some of the porters will try to get you to pay something for them.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Dar -es-Salaam. Query about the VISA

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Salima

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Dar -es-Salaam. Query about the VISA

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Salima

5. Re: Traveling to Dar -es-Salaam. Query about the VISA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 05:18