We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cooking class

vicenza
Level Contributor
18 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
cooking class

Hi,

I'm going to Tanzania next week and, beside a safari experience in Serengeti, I would lile to learn more about the tanzania culinary tradition. e.g. ugali, mishikaki, urojo...

Some of you could suggest me a half a day cooking class in Dar es salam or Arusha?

thanks for your help

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cooking class

Hello,

In Arusha there special cooking class, if you are interesting visit Penguin Resort Hotel,Sakina will help you how to cook Tanzanians dishes.

Hope you will enjoy to taste ugali,mishikaki,chapati and so much more..

vicenza
Level Contributor
18 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cooking class

Thanks tourism T.

Beside penguin resort hotel, is there any other cooking class operator in Arusha? Have you ever had a tanzani cooking class in Arusha?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cooking class

Also try Via Via. They use to do great cooking classes there

NORTHERN CANADA
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cooking class

Did you ever find a cooking class in Arusha? I am looking for the same thing but am having a hard time finding Anything.

Dar es Salaam, Dar...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: cooking class

Hi

I give classes to women in dar es salaam. You can also visit my page on facebook called has homecookingclasses.

Let me know if you are interested.

NORTHERN CANADA
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cooking class

I've already left dar. Thanks so much for the reply though.

vicenza
Level Contributor
18 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cooking class

D'era cheapotraveller,

Yes, i found the cooking class in arusha at via via café. To be honest, i would not recommend the same beause the mom Who teach us was more interested in Talking to out guide, than to teach us. We Made ugali together and than we ate it alone. The cooking class was held in a private house, about 30 min walking far from via via café, and tris is the most positive point of out experience: to get in touch with a local family in a hidden part of arusha... But for the cooking class itself, keep on looking for something else.

Arusha
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cooking class

Joyce at Songota Lodge can arrange cooking classes. It's a nice experience and Joyce is great cooker.

9. Re: cooking class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 05:17