We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Dar Es Salaam to Kilwa Masoko

Which Dar es Salaam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
1 post
Save Topic
Getting from Dar Es Salaam to Kilwa Masoko

Hello all.

I'm planning a trip to the Swahili coast on a rather tight time frame--and need to get from Dar Es Salaam to Kilwa Masoko.

I know there is an early morning bus, and there are also morning flights there, but I was hoping to hire a car and driver who might be able to drive me down there they same day I arrive (at about 5 pm)--for less than the US$250 the flight would cost. Is this possible? Advisable?

If I was to take the bus, can anyone recommend the best bus line, and which station I should take it from?

And has anyone had experience with Coastal Aviation (the company that flies there)?

Thanks.

1. Re: Getting from Dar Es Salaam to Kilwa Masoko

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 23:35
uk
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Dar Es Salaam to Kilwa Masoko

Hi, We own Kilwa Beach Lodge so can give you the latest up to date information.

A driver with 4x4 will be about 200US$ (as the driver will have to return to Dar the same day). A bus is pssible from Mbagala Rangi Tatu (south of Dar) about 5km out of town. The best bus company (the only one with multiple buses in case of a breakdown) is Mashallah, they leave at 6am so you need to be there by 5:30.

Coastal are good but relative to the distant the flight is expernsive. If you need any more info drop me a message.

Thanks

Dave

Kilwa Beach Lodge

3. Re: Getting from Dar Es Salaam to Kilwa Masoko

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 06:25