We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildlife Safari, day trip from Dar es Salaam?

Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Wildlife Safari, day trip from Dar es Salaam?

I'm in Dar es Salaam for business next week (short notice!) and only managed to extend my stay by two nights. I am quite keen to go for a day-trip safari to at least see some of the wildlife there. At most I could possibly do a 2 day 1 night excursion.

I'd like to join a small tour group, as I will be travelling alone. Are there any reliable safari operators who can provide short wildlife safari tours out of Dar es Salaam?

Recommendations (for safari itinerary or operators) appreciated!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,210 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildlife Safari, day trip from Dar es Salaam?

I would doubt a tour group would work from Dar. Groups only work if sharing a vehicle.

You need to fly to either Selous, 40mins or Saadani (15 mins).

Try Coastal aviation www.coastal.cc and/or their partner Adventure Camps who have two lovely properties in Selous, Impala and Lake Mwanze. they would put a package together for you where you would share a safari car to keep costs down when there.

www.adventurecamps.co.tz

For Saadani try www.saadani.com

2. Re: Wildlife Safari, day trip from Dar es Salaam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 19:06
3. Re: Wildlife Safari, day trip from Dar es Salaam?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 April 2014, 16:07
4. Re: Wildlife Safari, day trip from Dar es Salaam?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:16