We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jambo Inn Hotel

Liverpool
4 posts
Save Topic
Jambo Inn Hotel

Hello again karl,

i forgot to ask you your opinion on the Jambo Inn hotel. Is it clean and secure?

Thanks,

Margi.

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jambo Inn Hotel

Hi

I think Karl might be caught up in the flight chaos as he is one his way to Tanzania -Pooor guy :-(

In & around Libya St where the Jambo Inn is there are a few guest houses, Jambo Inn Safari Inn and Econo lodge i would say Econo lodge is about the best with the other two named about the same, all are clean and secure.

The area has been the target of a nasty scam, whereby people wlk next to you or even the taxi driver, will start smoking dope and then a couple of fake police pop up and you can guess the rest, be carefull and take taxis from the hotel you stay at.

Stockholm, Sweden
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jambo Inn Hotel

I stayed at the EconoLodge when in Dar -- we didn't try the alternatives, I went with Karl's recommendations (thanks, Karl!) and EL had triple rooms with AC at very affordable prices (35000 tsh) which is nice for three persons on a budget :-)

Reasonably clean, except the towels which have seen better days, all in all I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. We never saw anything like that scam mentioned. I highly recommend the garlic steak at Chef's Pride just a block or two away ;-)

Liverpool
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jambo Inn Hotel

Hi Magnum,

Many thanks, We will probably take your advice and stay at econolodge.

Warm Wishes,

Margi.

Sacramento, CA
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Jambo Inn Hotel

Not sure if you are still looking for this information.... we picked Jambo Inn outta the book when we got the airport. At first I was a litle skeptical, but the service was great.... we buddied up with Nantoo (owner) and he took quite a shine. He helped us get train tickets when we left, and was a port in the storm when got back into town after a HELLACIOUS 30 hour bus ride from Lilongwe at 0100 hrs!!! He then arranged a 4 day sojourn to Zanzibar for us... 125 bucks a piece including the ferry and lodgings, plus cab to and from the Red Monkey Bugalows way on the far side of the island. Seemed like a screaming deal to me. THe guy even brought his personal car to the dock when my dad and I left, which is great, cause the place nutso.

Cheers!

~Jason

5. Re: Jambo Inn Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 16:19