We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Earth Tours?

Which Dar es Salaam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Good Earth Tours?

Has anyone an ex perience to share about the company Good Earth Tours? I am considering a safari with them this June. Thxs in advance.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Earth Tours?

They were mentioned in a New York Times article a couple of years ago as being reputable. I can't find it on the web, though I haven't looked too hard.

Massachusetts
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Earth Tours?

A friend and I took a 7-day Northern Tanzania safari tour with them in January 2006; also used them to arrange transfer to Zanzibar where we stayed for a couple of days.

We were very happy with them. I did a ton of research on the web, and believe that we paid a lot less than others to stay in the same class of lodge and tented camp.

Our guide was Rafael, and we loved him.

Ontario
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Earth Tours?

Went on a 5 day safari to Lake Manyara/Serengeti/Ngorongoro with them in Jan 05. They were very reliable and we were very satisfied with the level of service. No worries. Hakuna matata!

Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Earth Tours?

We were travelling with Roy safaris (very happy with them) and so don't have first hand knowledge.

But we met a couple that were travelling with Good Earth and at times we were at the same places as them. They only had good things to say.

Coincidentally to another poster, their guide was Rafeal. Decent guy. Our guide also said positive things about Good Earth.

ontario
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Earth Tours?

thanks for the input. i'll have to book soon, times flying by!

Indy
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Earth Tours?

Just booked today with Good Earth for 10 day tour June 19-June 29. They have been extremely helpful, very prompt in their replies and have read nothing but good reviews of them. We're so excited! Good luck.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
1 post
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Earth Tours?

Hi, we are planning to go to Dar and safari next year, can you post on how GoodEarth turned out? they are the ones I am looking at...thanks.

Pennsylvania
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Earth Tours?

We used Good Earth Tours for our safari in Tanzania and I would HIGHLY recommend them. We got a very good price and everything was as promised. Our guide Ben was excellent as were our accomodations. We got absolutely stunning photos and video. An adventure of a lifetime that I would recommend to everyone.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Earth Tours?

We alsojust returned from a safari in Tanzania with Good Earth in March. Could not recommend them highly enough. We had Raphael who was just brilliant. Here is the link to my report if you are interested.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293747-i9226-k181…

Antioch Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Earth Tours?

I have used them 3 different times over a 6 year period. I am currently in Arusha doing mission work and just finished 13 days with them. (we had a group come and visit us here)All 8 left for home minutes ago and everyone of them could not speak highly enough of them. Our guides Goodluck and Abdul were FANTASTIC. The office staff, manager (Mr. Mange) and owners were wonderful. I cannot imagine using anyone else in Tanzania.