We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at the Dear Mama Hotel in Dodoma?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at the Dear Mama Hotel in Dodoma?

I am looking at different options for a one night stay in Dodoma. Has anyone stayed at the Dear Mama Hotel on Arusha Road? Your thoughts are appreciated. I am a single traveler with driver.

5 replies to this topic
Dar es Salaam...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Dear Mama Hotel in Dodoma?

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss nice services

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Dear Mama Hotel in Dodoma?

I am in Dodoma a lot and haven't heard of this hotel. There is a very nice hotel on the Arusha Road called the Twiga Hotel, it's about 5 km outside Dodoma and has very nice gardens. Some of the hotels which I use there are Rock Hotel near the airstrip, Cana Lodge in the town center on the edge of the market, Dodoma Hotel across from the railroad station which is probably the largest hotel in Dodoma. The Humble House which is in the Ipakara section of town, very near to the primary school. The VETA hostel behind the Bunge (parliament). All of these are decent hotels at different price points, and I've used a lot of guest houses there. I typically stay at my son's home there when he and I are both there together.

Edited: 02 June 2012, 12:47
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Dear Mama Hotel in Dodoma?

We saw the Dear Mama - it is on a main highway outside of the main city. We saw it because we told our taxi driver we wanted to go to Hotel DM near the market, but he didn't understand English and was able to connect just enough to make the DM and Dear Mama connection. DM was adequate for a night. Didn't really see the facilities at Dear Mama.

I'd go with Karl's recommendations - they beat any guidebooks...

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
648 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Dear Mama Hotel in Dodoma?

I have only ever stayed at the Dodoma Hotel opposite the railway station, it was nice. We walked in to ask about rooms which we said were to expensive so they ask what we would like to pay!!! in the end we paid half the rate.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Dear Mama Hotel in Dodoma?

We stayed in Dear Mama hotel as a couple for slightly more than one month in Sep 12. It is located on Arusha Road, some 2 km from the city center. Location is still good; many restaurants nearby, rather quiet, taxi and bus stops are close to the hotel. Deluxe room we stayed in was very comfortable, cozy, calm and clean. It had a small terrace surrounded by trees, palms and flowers! Domestic rabbits run around and birds sing in the mornings! Everyday room service, towels are changed daily and linens are changed once in 2-3 days. Also they brought daily drinking water. Satellite TV with lots of channels (like 50) in English, hot/cold water was all the time as well as electricity, there were fridge but it is only in deluxe and executive rooms. The hotel has its own restaurant (there are better and cheaper ones nearby though) offering free breakfast and room service for extra charge, bar (closes at 11 pm), internet-cafe at 2. floor and conference room and a small playground for kids. For Breakfast they served fresh juice, fried eggs, pancakes, toasts, fruits and coffee/tea/cacao, sometimes potatoes and soup. Besides thy can do your laundry for extra and available price. We used to meet the manager of the hotel almost every day, because he lived in our neighborhood. He is a cool guy, always asked if we had some problems, etc. and speaks really good English. Payment can be done by credit cards as well as cash in local currency. Note that you can use ATM and exchange office in the city center. There was a 10% discount for us since we stayed for a long period The prices are approx. 10 euro for standard rooms and 20 euro (40 000 TSH) for deluxe and executives are euro 30.We visited many hotels in Dodoma (including New Dodoma Hotel where the price was 4-5 times higher, Simba Lodge, Kidia and some other hotels in city center) and compared the prices as well as room conditions. Dear Mama was the best option. We really enjoyed the time we spent! All the staff were nice, helpful and organized. P.s. there were no cockraches and no mice.

Reply to: Has anyone stayed at the Dear Mama Hotel in Dodoma?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dodoma