We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to join a climbing group... or create one

Montreal
1 post
Save Topic
Looking to join a climbing group... or create one

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to summit Kili sometime in july 2013, but as of yet I am alone. So I was wondering if there are any other solo climbers or even groups out there that would like some company. I'm a 31 year old Canadian, outgoing, very active and fluent in french and english.

Cheers,

Simon

3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to join a climbing group... or create one

Yes. Arriving Nairobi July 3 and looking for an outfitter now. Flying from Montreal

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to join a climbing group... or create one

My friends arrive early in July and want to climbing Kilimanjaro too,there 2 want to do that,if you are interesting will connect with them and plan.

Virginia
Level Contributor
160 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to join a climbing group... or create one

If you're plans change to June, I am climbing solo with ClimbKili beginning June 12 via Lemosho.

Mississauga, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking to join a climbing group... or create one

My name is Farida I want to climb Kilimanjaro Roungai route but in 2014 June/July I am alone and looking for company. If you know anyone going next year, would appreciate contact info.

Thanks

Edited: 24 March 2013, 20:30
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking to join a climbing group... or create one

If you fancied climbing June instead, Have booked a trek with team kilimanjaro starting 6th.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
153 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking to join a climbing group... or create one

You can find many companies that offer group departures. This will save you some money and allow to be with a few other climbers. There is a promotion for some fixed group departures on www.theclymb.com that only has a few days left.

It would also be a good idea for you to consider which route you would prefer, as it will help you find a group that best meets your expectations for the Trek. The worst thing you could do would be to join a group simply to save money and end up on a trek that is too long, to short or to difficult. If you are going to spend the money find the route that you will be able to summit.

7. Re: Looking to join a climbing group... or create one

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 March 2013, 12:35
Edited: 27 March 2013, 12:35
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking to join a climbing group... or create one

Hi Simon,

My sister and I (25 and 28 from Winnipeg) are planning to do a six day climb in July 2013 as well. If you are interested in getting a group together we would love to!

P

Stavropol, Russia
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking to join a climbing group... or create one

I and my wife will visit Tanzania again this summer/July 05th via Marangu route we are booked climbing from local company www.infotanzania4u.blogspot.com they gave us good rates,also will go with them for safari as well finish our holiday to Zanzibar,so if there any one interesting to join you are welcome.

Keep planing.!

Ken G

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking to join a climbing group... or create one

I am looking for someone to join me on a 6-day Machame Route, leaving June 12. I have booked with Karibu Adventures, who have a 98% success rate of reaching the summit. The company has been very helpful and knowledgeable in answering all my questions. ($1400.) I am a 59 year old, Canadian, yoga instructor, looking forward to an adventure of a lifetime. Would like to find like-minded companions.

Rose

Get answers to your questions about Kilimanjaro National...