We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Climbing Kilimanjaro tour operators

Perth, Western...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Climbing Kilimanjaro tour operators

We are planning to climb Mt Klimanjaro in June 2013 and would like some advice on different tour operators specifically Climbing Kilimanjaro.com

UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Climbing Kilimanjaro tour operators

Hi

my advice would be to start with a website called http://www.kiliporters.org/

this is an NGO run by a US lady which works to protect porters from abuse. All the good operators are members and are listed here www.mountainexplorers.org/club/partners.htm

Can't see climbing KIlimanjaro there but maybe email KPAP and ask. I used a company called Private Expeditions who KPAP actually recommended to me.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Climbing Kilimanjaro tour operators

I am looking to do the Lemosho route up mount Kilimajaro very soon. I have had a look around at what is available online and using the phone and would say that the guys I have used before should be really good for this particular trek having used kilimanjaro tours once before. They are pretty helpful and are at www.kilimanjarotours.co.uk if you are interested in having a look at their trips and tours.

We did the Machame route before camping along the way, we were also really fortunate in that we met some really interesting and amazing people and had a real good blast, and that was both together and with the rest of our group. It is important to all get along of course because you are all together on the trip, we went with a truly great bunch of people which really made the holiday memorable for us. Took some great photos and had some interesting food - and drinks - too along the way!

This trek includes Londorossi for the first section, Mti Mkubwa (Big Tree) at over 9000ft, Shira Plateau to campsite at 11500ft, and camp at 12200ft/3935m. Then its Barranco campsite at 13000ft. Next cross the Karanga Valley, then north to reach Barafu campsite at 15500ft. Stella Point crater rim in time for sunrise then Uhuru Peak at 19340ft. Mweka campsite at 10000ft the descend through the forest to Mweka Wildlife College and then back for an overnight stay and breakfast at Mountain Inn – then time to wrap up and get back to normal life. I am really looking forward to it tbh but I do like an active holiday!

Anyone got any other ideas I would love to hear what you all have to say??

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Climbing Kilimanjaro tour operators

SteveB,

It's not clear if you are advertising for the company that you reportedly went with. But if not, and if you're a genuinely happy customer, it would be one less item for you to look into for your future climb by sticking with them for your next climb. Most companies that offer the Lemosho route use the Southern Circuit route (Baranco-Karanga-Barafu-StellaPoint) on the upper mountain that you must have already used while climbing via Machame. If you are looking for something different and new, you might consider the Western Breach route that only a few companies offer. So, it is something that you can look into as a different challenge for your Climb #2.

I am hoping to climb via Lemosho and Western Breach route but not waiting till next year. I hope to find other interested people to form a group to climb this Oct.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Climbing Kilimanjaro tour operators

Ghumon,

thanks for your advice, much appreciated. I cant wait for my next trip. I think I will go with Kilimanjaro Tours as they were really helpful before my trip getting me all psyched up and rerady to go for it.

Maybe we wil meet up on the summit some day.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Climbing Kilimanjaro tour operators

My trip to the top of kilimajaro was an incredible journey that i will remember for the rest of my life. The unbelievable sunrises and amazing views will stay with me forever.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Climbing Kilimanjaro tour operators

TO troll strikes again!

I've been on forums where the mods can expose phonies based on the mismatch between the IP address they post from and their alleged home location. An occasional mismatch could be understandable if someone posts while on the road but the pattern would not be hard to detect.

Arusha, Tanzania
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Climbing Kilimanjaro tour operators

good planning

8. Re: Climbing Kilimanjaro tour operators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 17:35
9. Re: Climbing Kilimanjaro tour operators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 04:22