We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

As Soon As Possible (ASAP) Safaris Ltd

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
As Soon As Possible (ASAP) Safaris Ltd

Has anyone had any experience climbing with this company? I'm solo and have been looking to join a group to do the climb, and was contacted with some guys who are going with this company. I can only find four reviews of them on TripAdvisor, all posted by people who have posted once or twice max. I was wondering if anyone had heard of them and had any experience with them.

Thanks!

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: As Soon As Possible (ASAP) Safaris Ltd

Ask then for contact information from people who have used them from Canada and telephone those people.

2. Re: As Soon As Possible (ASAP) Safaris Ltd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2013, 12:32
3. Re: As Soon As Possible (ASAP) Safaris Ltd

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

4. Re: As Soon As Possible (ASAP) Safaris Ltd

5. Re: As Soon As Possible (ASAP) Safaris Ltd

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: As Soon As Possible (ASAP) Safaris Ltd

Wow! What a fortunate coincidence that as soon as someone asks a question about this company, four people join TA and their very first posts are about how wonderful this company is. If you look at a different post about this company, you have people joining TA just to post a review about this company. One of the posts in that thread was removed because it violated TA's rules of people posting under more than one user name. Something doesn't smell right here and it would be enough to make me NOT use the company.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,938 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: As Soon As Possible (ASAP) Safaris Ltd

Well, the reality is that new and small businesses in Tanz are desperate to get business. They know about TA, and will do what they can to improve their exposure. Whether right or wrong, it may pay off more than once. It doesn't mean that they aren't a good company, it just means they are doing all they can to drum up business. They are at least internet savvy. They know that is how you get people to climb or travel. Doesn't make our job any easier to vett them, but if you are a bunch of young guys in Tanz trying to put food on the table, well, they might try anything.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: As Soon As Possible (ASAP) Safaris Ltd

They are doing all that they can to drum up business by violating forum rules and posting reviews by a person using multiple user names. That tells me this company is willing to be misleading to attract customers. What details of my safari will I be misled about if try and book with them? What rules will be broken? You're right they could be a great company, and it's up to everyone to do their due diligence.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: As Soon As Possible (ASAP) Safaris Ltd

Yep, this thread gave me an answer. I'll be looking elsewhere!

And thanks, Karl, that's a good strategy for getting feedback about other companies!

10. Re: As Soon As Possible (ASAP) Safaris Ltd

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Kilimanjaro National...