We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Team Kilimanjaro

United States
Level Contributor
17 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Team Kilimanjaro

I'm doing some initial homework on tour company's for a planned trip to climb Kilimanjaro this December. I'm finding it very hard to identify objective sources for comprehensive ratings of Kilimanjaro climb operators. A friend of a friend used Team Kilimanjaro and liked them very much and what I can find on Trip Advisor related to them seems positive. My sense from researching them is that they are local (based in Tanzania), established, safety conscious and reasonably priced. But the best feedback is always from those who have used them.

So, has anyone had any experience with them?

Thnx, Chuck

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Team Kilimanjaro

I don't know them but had the same issue. I researched for a while. I am going in December with Summit Expeditions / SENE.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Team Kilimanjaro

I have never used them but they do have a good reputation among local tour operators as do many other companies hence the dilemma...if you like them use them.

United States
Level Contributor
17 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Team Kilimanjaro

@Scott M., I hope you have a great trip. Maybe we'll bump into each other??? ;-)

Edited: 06 July 2014, 04:14
United States
Level Contributor
17 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Team Kilimanjaro

@Noexpert, thnx for the feedback...every little bit helps!

Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Team Kilimanjaro

We used them in December 2013 and had a great experience. Guide and porters on the trip were great. By far the best thing was the equipment they provided. Everyone on the mountain was asking us who we went with because our set up was so much better than theirs. We used them for a charity climb we did and it couldn't have worked out any better since they post pictures as you're climbing to their Facebook and website. We had trouble dining info on them too but took the chance and it was well worth it.

NZ
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Team Kilimanjaro

We used them in September 2012, the experience we had with them was absolutely fantastic.

We were a family group of five the youngest being our 14year old son along with our 16 yr old daughter.

TK were very responsive to any emails and requests sent in the process of booking and on arrival were helpful with last minute changes. All of their equipment was in excellent condition and the food well exceeded our expectation.

I suffered from Altitude sickness from day 2 but with the help of our head guide Nick Basso and assistant guide Joseph I managed to summit. Without their help and support from the fantastic porters I would never have made it.

By the last night I thought I was probably going to have to descend as I had got quite ill but by 11pm was feeling well enough to start the final climb, TK took an extra 2 porters with us so that if I had to turn back the others could carry on without me.We reached the summit together but I had got very sick by that point. Two of the summit team literally carried me down to Kibo hut from where I was stretchered down to Horombo Hut.

In my opinion TK are excellent operators and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone.

7. Re: Team Kilimanjaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 13:19
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Team Kilimanjaro

TK was more expensive for us too, but like I mentioned in my previous post our equipment and set up was superior to everyone else on the mountain. It really spoke volumes when others were looking at our tents asking who we went with.

Level Contributor
2 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Team Kilimanjaro

Traveled to Tanzania to climb Mt Meru, Mt Kilimanjaro and go on safari. All arrangements with Team Kilimanjaro. All went smoothly and well, from planning with David, to pick up at Kili airport, hotel in Arusha(Zawadi House.) Great team led by Simon got us up Mt Meru in a snowstorm and prepared us beautifully for Kili. Summiting Kili with Simon was a piece of cake after Meru. Our driver-guide Sanga (Bonny) on Safari was also knowledgeable and skillful. We had a great time in the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire Parks. Amazing big cats (76 lions, 3 leopards, 8 cheetas, elephants (hundreds,) buffalo, birds and gazelles (thousands.)

First rate trip. We loved all of it. Great job David, Simon and Sanga. Thank you!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Team Kilimanjaro

!

Edited: 02 July 2015, 05:33
Get answers to your questions about Kilimanjaro National...