We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody heard of Tanza Tours

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Anybody heard of Tanza Tours

I am looking to book a Safari in the Serengeti and Ngorongoro for March 2010. This is a trip sandwiched in between climbing Kili and going Gorilla Trekking in Uganda. I was looking at Roy's Safaris and have heard great reviews of them.

However, for gorilla trekking I've been in contact with Kazinga Tours having seen fabulous reviews both here on Tripadvisor and elsewhere. In conversations with them, they suggested I contact their sister company in Tanzania - "Tanza Tours". My problem is that searching for them on the internet, I find it almost impossible to find any reviews.

Has anybody used them or even heard of them?

Many thanks,

Ty

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody heard of Tanza Tours

Never heard of them. I wouldnt use them I would use a more established main stream Tanzanian tour operator.

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody heard of Tanza Tours

Thanks noexpert,

While I agree in general that going with established companies is the safer option, that just means that such companies get a level of security and certainty of business, can become complacent and charge a premium for being "established".

I've asked the question of where the company has come from and they've only been in existence for a couple of months. They have spawned from a very reputable company in Uganda / Rwanda and therefore they may have the potential of becoming a great tour company in the future. That said, I only have that feeling from a few conversations hence trying to find out more from anybody who may have heard of them.

T

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
731 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody heard of Tanza Tours

I'd be on the safe side as well.. But if you would like to go with them (never heard of them) I would ask for the email from past clients that have used their Tz service

KARATU
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody heard of Tanza Tours

Never heard of it and i have tried to go through the list of all tour operators which are within TATO (Tanzania Tour Operators) but its not in the list.

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody heard of Tanza Tours

Well now, that's a very good point MYTKARATU. On their website it claims they are a member. Which means they're either lying or TATO have not included them on their website. Either way - worth looking into!

I've already requested feedback they might have so I can contact people and they are following up on that - but in the meantime, I was keen to see if anybody here had heard of them.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anybody heard of Tanza Tours

TATO used to list all their members, but since they changed their web site they only list those who have responded with the information for their member page now. So, they could be a member but not presented their information for the TATO website; or TATO has not put them on the website yet (which is a good possibility, they are not the fastest organization in the world.)

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,745 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anybody heard of Tanza Tours

I would'nt worry so much about TATO I would ask them for a copy of thier current valid 2009 TALA licence. I do agree that companies have to start somewhere but unless they have experienced guides or are ex guides themselves starting on their own which a lot do. Then I would probably still opt for another operator.

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anybody heard of Tanza Tours

So - delving further, they have been operating since 2008 but not directly - they've been getting their business through a company in Germany.

They opened up their own website and began selling direct a few months ago. Agree with noexpert that it is very much down to the quality of their guides and am hence trying to ascertain what they're like.

9. Re: Anybody heard of Tanza Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 November 2009, 17:36
Kamwari
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anybody heard of Tanza Tours

Arusha2010

Congratulations madam this is the right place for touting