We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for Serengeti Tour

Zurich, Switzerland
1 post
Save Topic
Recommendation for Serengeti Tour

Hi fellow travellers

any recommendation for a small tour operator for a 2 weeks safari trip in the Serengeti?

- eco tourism

- small groups

- knowledgeable tour guides

Thanks

Greg

Bristol
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation for Serengeti Tour

Hi there,

Look at the list of topics posted by the Experts in the top right hand corner. The third or fourth one down is

"I need a list of safai operaters to begin my search for a company".

Here you will find a list of local TO who are frequently used by people. This is a good starting point. I would suggest you contact a selection of them with your requirements, timings of safari, no. of people and type of lodging you require etc. and anything else that it is important to you. Once you get some responses you will soon find out which TO suits your needs best.

We have just booked our "private" safari for October 2012 with Swala in Arusha. We found they were a small local company,offered good value for money, were easy to deal with and made good suggestions about our itinerary as well as handling some more of our unusual requests. We also took up references for them all of which came back as "very good/excellent" .However many others on here have used a variety of different TO (many on No Experts list) which are recommended on a variety of other posts- just do a search and they will come up.

I'm sure all TO on this list will offer you a good safari (as well as many not on the list). You just need to make some enquiries to find the "best fit" for you. Have fun planning

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation for Serengeti Tour

Hi Greg

Just came back from an amazing Safari with a small company called TAPAC Safaries. TAPAC stands for Tanzania Anti Poaching and Conservation. They aranged a private custom-made Safari for us over Tarangire and Serengeti national park. We also visited the Ngorogoro crater. The tour guide was very skilled and friendly. The company is run by a Norwegian guy, who after the safari invited us camping with the masai people in the bush. A realy nice experience.

I'll gladly help with more info if you need it.

Have a nice safari.

3. Re: Recommendation for Serengeti Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2012, 14:36
bedford
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendation for Serengeti Tour

Hi Greg. I just got back jan 29 from a 9 night 10 day safari with an operator that I can't say enough good things about. I am almost finished a blog with a lot of detail. But I would suggest contacting www.aaafrica.net. The owner is a native of Tanzania. He is wonderful tondeal with and can Taylor your trip. He can even arrange visits to schools and homes if you wish for educational purposes.

He is a naturalist and all of his tours should include a naturalist which was a critical part to the tour

We were in the middle of the migration and they paid extra in the Serengeti np and didn't charge us. Their whole goal was to make sure we had the best experience.

It was an incredible trip

Feel free to send me a message.

I am trying to find out how the company can get listed on tripadvisor

5. Re: Recommendation for Serengeti Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2013, 10:20