We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanzania tour operators

Durban...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tanzania tour operators

Which is the best tour operator to utilize when planning a trip to go to the Serengeti and Zanzibar as a combined package for two people on a relatively small budget? Flying from South Africa to Dar es Salaam.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,821 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tanzania tour operators

There are many have a look at the questions top right hand corner 4th post down email about 7-8 of them ( for variety) and ask for a quote for a budget trip.

Tell them the time of travel and number of days. Any operator can do the trip you ask the thing is to get the one that suits you.

You could also buy a guide book and look there as well.

Edited: 05 May 2013, 10:39
Durban...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tanzania tour operators

Found it. Thanks for the assistance and suggestions.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,821 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tanzania tour operators

Good luck.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,198 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tanzania tour operators

When were you planning to travel? That will make a big difference in where any migration is for the Serengeti. It can add a number of hours/days to your travel and also may be a big cost for accommodation if in Northern Serengeti.

If flying into Dar, you can do a short lesser costing trip to the southern parks. See if anything from this post appeals to you.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g3532447-i28565-k64…

5. Re: Tanzania tour operators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 May 2013, 16:37
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tanzania tour operators

I'm sure 5 will be removed - I won't mention the name so it won't remain, but poster #5 - I'm sure you do consider yourself "Super" but it is strictly forbidden for you to use the forum as a way to solicit business. Please read the guidelines.

Edited: 23 May 2013, 16:17
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tanzania tour operators

IAB-

poster #5 has already been reported on 2 other threads, so this doesn't surprise me. Pure solicitation. 3 threads already today.

Ocala, Florida...
Level Contributor
9 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tanzania tour operators

Just got back. Ranger Safaris was the local operator for the Lion World Tour trip I was on. They were FABULOUS! I will just contact them directly for my next visit AND, yes, I am definitely going back!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tanzania tour operators

I'd be curious to know how Ranger solicits this kind of forum posting from their clients. They may do a good job - I don't know about that - but I do know that Ranger has an abnormally large number of people who apparently only join the forum so they can leave glowing-but-lacking-in-detail comments about Ranger and their guides.

I know - we all have to have a first post... but when you see a pattern of people joining the forum, making a nice comment or two about a specific company, then disappearing... one has to suspect either the company is writing the comments themselves or, as I am guessing is the case here, the company and/or guides are encouraging people to seek out the Tripadvisor forums to leave good comments, thus circumventing the rule against reviews of multi-day tours in the Reviews section...

10. Re: Tanzania tour operators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 05:16