We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May month balloon safari in Msasai Mara or Serengeti

mumbai
Level Contributor
18 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
May month balloon safari in Msasai Mara or Serengeti

Hi all,

My family including kids 7 & 11 age are visiting Masai Mara and Serengeti in 2nd half of May 2014 (due to good discounts of low season.)

I am getting $412 rate of balloon safari per person in Masai Mara. And $490 in Serengeti from my tour operator. For child also same rate. Serengeti is expensive. What should I do? Balloon safari in Masai Mara or Serengeti. Please suggest. I am staying at Mara Simba Camp in Masai Mara and in Serengeti Serena Lodge in Tanzainia

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May month balloon safari in Msasai Mara or Serengeti

Let your children make up their own minds when they are older. I wouldn't bother with a balloon trip. You are better sticking to ground level.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,464 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: May month balloon safari in Msasai Mara or Serengeti

Believe minimum age for the balloon for children is 12/yrs, so the kids unlikely able to go up. And as I recall reading somewhere there's an additional fee starting this year of $50/pp... called a Conservancy fee. So I'd recheck with your tour operator actual price.

The price for balloon has always been higher in Serengeti than the Mara, but if you wish to go up (the adults.... the kids will be watched/cared for), then the Serengeti would be best in May... the herds are still here.

mumbai
Level Contributor
18 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May month balloon safari in Msasai Mara or Serengeti

My tour operator has checked and told that child above 7 years can go for balloon safari. And also pointed out that prices are same for adult and child. I don't know which agency he is talking about, but kids of 7 n 11 can go for balloon safari as per his information.

My question is paying $312 extra in serengeti for four of us will be worth?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May month balloon safari in Msasai Mara or Serengeti

"My question is paying $312 extra in serengeti for four of us will be worth?"

Only YOU can say whether it was worth it, and you can only judge this AFTER the trip!

My advice is to save the money, or give it to a local charity which will be much more rewarding and life-changing for you and the recipients.

mumbai
Level Contributor
18 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: May month balloon safari in Msasai Mara or Serengeti

You are right!

6. Re: May month balloon safari in Msasai Mara or Serengeti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:18