As per the title we're about to book a spur of the moment last minute trip to the Serengeti. We've been to the Mara before, but this will be our first time to the Serengeti so a little apprehensive about doing it all last minute (leaving in 7 days). Therefore would greatly appreciate any input on the following:
1) The best flights available appear to be via NBO (arrive JRO 09:30, leave 9 days later 19:30). We're considering Asanja camp, how long would the transit take from JRO at this time of year?
2) We have yellow fever injections already, is there anything else to consider if transiting via NBO (connection would be within NBO airport).
3) We're both EU passport holders and citizens, is my research that we can obtain visa on arrival at JRO correct?
4) What are the current conditions like on the ground? Weather, ground conditions, animals near Asanja.
5) We prefer to stay in one place (prefer to spend more time exploring one area, local animals more thoroughly then spend time hopping around). We've done this in the past in Mara and been very happy, I assume there are no reasons why the same would not be true near Asanja?
6) Is Asanja a good choice? I'm not expecting Royal Mara type accommodation (our last Safari), but reviews suggest it is a good camp, with good food, staff and locality?
I really appreciate any help and advice. I'm accustomed to working without an operator, but usually give myself much more time putting things together.