We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay east beach, visit west Beach?

West Sussex
Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Stay east beach, visit west Beach?

Hello

If staying on a west beach is it possible to visit the east beach in a day trip easily? Not yet decided on no of days but have read about the tides and would like to see both parts of the island. The other concern is if visiting for one day we would not be on a private beach with a hotel but in a more public beach area.

Thanks for any info.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,122 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay east beach, visit west Beach?

Hi,

I don't see why you can't arrange a day trip, but I'm not sure it will give you what you want.

As far as I know, there are no private beaches.

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay east beach, visit west Beach?

Very easy to visit rest of beaches.Most of them are about 50 - 60 km and is almost an hour to get the there

No private beach.

I would suggest to do a Jambiani Village life tour then take some hours for beach leisure.Also can add a Jozani forest trip which is on the same way.

The tide will depend on the month and time of trip.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay east beach, visit west Beach?

Thank you for your help. It would be better not to have to move hotels.

4. Re: Stay east beach, visit west Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Zanzibar Archipelago