We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zanzibar where and when

merseyside
Level Contributor
181 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Zanzibar where and when

Hi, my partner and I live in the UK. Next year we are considering Zanzibar. Knowing nothing of the place, we could do with your advice. We are thinking we would like to go December 2012. We prefer beach and all inclusive. What would your advice be ???

Happy new year to all

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zanzibar where and when

My advice would be - do some research and find somewhere that matches your requirements and preferences.

There are some very good guide books you could buy, eg Bradt, or you can have a look at the reviews on this and other sites.

There are about 150 places to choose from: some big, some small, some expensive, some cheap....

December is very busy so I would book early.

merseyside
Level Contributor
181 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zanzibar where and when

Many thanks..... Was also hoping for some suggestions and recommendations

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zanzibar where and when

Well, I could recommend Breezes, but I have no idea if that type of place suits you.

Or I could recommend Mchanga Beach, but, again, it would be a total guess on my part as to what style, and budget you are interested in.

Or I could recommend Unguja Lodge, or Fumba Beach resort....

Almost ALL places are 'beach and inclusive' (or could be), so you don't give us much help as to suggest something you might like or want to pay for.

That's why I suggested you browse the many excellent reviews of places already on here for your (and any other potential visitors') benefit. Many people have taken the trouble to post these summaries of all the resorts, in the hope that others coming after them would find what they want.

Hope that helps explain how TA works.

merseyside
Level Contributor
181 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zanzibar where and when

Many thanks.....all advice always welcome

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zanzibar where and when

""" We were hoping to pay about £1200 each and get AI, but close to other places to eat if we fancy a change. We will pay a little more if its worth it. Dont want noisey as we just like to relax, so a nice beach would be good. """

Something like that helps others help you.

merseyside
Level Contributor
181 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zanzibar where and when

Many thanks.....all advice always welcome

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zanzibar where and when

I just got back from Breezes 2 days ago, it was truly excellent; although not AI, but tbh, the prices were pretty fair. (We were half board). I haven't written my review yet, but look out for it.

This great place is part of a 3 hotel group owned by the same European family, side by side on the same stretch of long and beautiful beach - the Palms next door, which is very intimate only 6 rooms, and then Baraza next door to that, even more upmarket and sophisticated. I would have lilked to have had a look, but saw from the beach and the sea.

Take care to avoid large resorts that are known for one nationality.

merseyside
Level Contributor
181 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zanzibar where and when

Many thanks.....I will look out review....

9. Re: Zanzibar where and when

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 January 2012, 05:38
merseyside
Level Contributor
181 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zanzibar where and when

Thanks for that.

We did a safari in Kenya during 2011 and doubt we will do another, it's more beaches were interested in. Unless someone suggests other things for us to consider,,,,

Get answers to your questions about Zanzibar Archipelago