We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conflicting info on RSA citizen visa requirements

Potchefstroom...
2 posts
Save Topic
Conflicting info on RSA citizen visa requirements

Can any RSA citizen please advise me as to whether the 50 dollar visa is still needed on arrival? Tanzania website confirms this but my travel agent states the opposite

Thanks in advance!

nyc
Level Contributor
14,537 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Conflicting info on RSA citizen visa requirements

Visa can be purchased on arrival wherever you enter Tanzania... an official land border crossing if driving, an airport if flying.

You do not require photos as they'll have your passport and the agents do take photos and fingerprints. Note, however, as RSA citizens, you will require the Yellow Fever inoc and proof of same for re-entry to SA having been in Tanzania/Zanzibar.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3,904 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conflicting info on RSA citizen visa requirements

I'm reading your question as asking whether you need a visa as an SA citizen. As far as I know you do, unless you're from Lesotho or Swaziland. As above, you can purchase on arrival for $50 US and you should be aware of SA's policy regarding requirements for the YF jab when you've just visited an at-risk country (Tanzania).

Potchefstroom...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Conflicting info on RSA citizen visa requirements

Thanks. Just as we thought.

4. Re: Conflicting info on RSA citizen visa requirements

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Zanzibar Archipelago