We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa requirements on entry to Zanzibar

england
Level Contributor
30 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Visa requirements on entry to Zanzibar

We will be travelling from the UK in a few weeks to Masai. Mara and then over to Zanzibar for a beach stay. can we obtain visas on arrival in to Z anzibar and if so what documentation is required? Is it best to have the application form already completed with required photos or can it all be sorted on arrival? Many thanks.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,663 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa requirements on entry to Zanzibar

Yes, you can purchase Tanzania/Zanzibar Visa on arrival ZNZ from Kenya.

Dowload the form, complete and keep with passport and correct payment USD$50/pp.

In addition, as arriving from Kenya, you will be required to have a Yellow Fever inoculation and proof of same for entry to TNZ/ZNZ.

You do NOT require passport size photos to purchase Visa on arrival. Agent has you in front of him/her, your passport and will likely take your photo and/or fingerprint, then place Visa in your passport.

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa requirements on entry to Zanzibar

The forms can also be obtained on arrival. Make sure you have a pen (or two) handy as they are few and far between in arrivals.

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
23,645 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa requirements on entry to Zanzibar

Hi Smudge54England. Usually the form to fill, is delivered by the air hostess before arrival at destination.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,663 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa requirements on entry to Zanzibar

The airline crew usually ONLY hands out the Landing Card; rarely the actual Visa form which I've never yet seen,

But these forms can be found on the tables inside terminal at Immigration

Otherwise, download the forms and complete ahead of time.

Have correct amount due as agents at Visa window don't make change of any denomination,

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
23,645 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa requirements on entry to Zanzibar

4Sandy, every time I go to Zanzibar, is the airline crew that delivers the form to passengers. This is my experience, but it seems correct to point out that I have always had charter flights.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa requirements on entry to Zanzibar

Can some one tell me if Canadian Citizens can purchase entry visa to Zanzibar at the airport. I am leaving in 3 weeks... Thanks.

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
23,645 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa requirements on entry to Zanzibar

Hi. I confirm you that you can get a visa on arrival at the airport.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa requirements on entry to Zanzibar

Thank you. How much is visa for Canadians?

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
23,645 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa requirements on entry to Zanzibar

50$

10. Re: Visa requirements on entry to Zanzibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2016, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Zanzibar Archipelago