We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone just back from Tunisia?

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone just back from Tunisia?

Hello!

What is the sea like? Is anyone swimming or is it too cold?

Keep us informed...We are going to Port el Kantaoui on 15.May

Tavira, Portugal
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone just back from Tunisia?

Hy

We arrived yesterday from Port El Kantaoui.

the weather was a bit unstable.

Fresh Wind in the morning and in the afternoon. But during the day it was mostly fine and hot.

Last Monday the water was very cold, and only a few people has been in the water. Tuesday it was very fine and the water was warm, so even i take a bath in the sea. Friday it has been a very windy day inadeuate for the beach. Yesterday morning, before we leave, it was again hot and good for the beach.

But until 15 May it surely will get even better :-)

Have a nice trip.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone just back from Tunisia?

Thanks!

That is encouriging, I heard that noone swimms in the sea until the end of May.

Where did you stay, which hotel?

What about pool in your hotel, was it warm enough?

Tavira, Portugal
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone just back from Tunisia?

Hy

We've stayed at the El Mouradi Palace.

We got it really cheap, so it was a good value option.

The Hotel has a pool, and yes the water was also got for swimming :-)

Enjoy your trip

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone just back from Tunisia?

I am going to same hotel!

Were you satisfied with it? What are the chances to get room with a sea view?

How long does it take to walk to the marina?

Tavira, Portugal
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone just back from Tunisia?

Hello multivita

We were satisfied with the hotel, but that because we get it very cheap (you can see my review about the hotel), so we consider it a got value.

It is an aged 5 star hoel so don't but your expectations very high...

But the food was fine - european taste, but also always two tunisian plates and italian food at dinner (only if you like pancakes there are always big queue for the pancakes at breakfast), the animation was fine (mostly on the night club of the hotel)... Try the Café Mouré ... there you can have i good mint tea and smoke a chicha...

To the marina you take it good on foot ... it is about 5 to 10 minutes..

The taxis outside the hotel don't like to turn the taximeter on for the short distance ... so they wan't mostly 3 dinars for that distance (to go by taxi to sousse-medina by taxi you pay 7 to 8 dinars and with louage you pay 1 dinar, but by louage you most walk a wile to go the medina.)

From Sousse you can get easily to Monastir, Mahdia and Kairouan.

We were only at Monastir and Kairouan...

To Monastir we went by the metro (it was more a train) it took half an hour to get there ...

To Kairouan we went by Louage ..it was about 4,5 dinars each way ... Kairouan was very nice ...don't miss it :-)

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone just back from Tunisia?

Thanks...

We are stazing only 7 nights, and with a 2 day trip tp Sahara I dont think we will have time to go arround. I am just hoping for a good weather and not so cold sea...

Does anyone know how is it in Sahara in May?

Trip to Sahara includes one night in a very nice hotel, where, as I heard, everybody takes time for night swimming after long day in a desert. So I am wondering is it warm enough in the desert in the evenings in May?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone just back from Tunisia?

The desert should be plenty warm enough even in evenings - the temperature is currently 16c at midnight in Tunis (in the North), the South is far hotter (can't think of anywhere hotter than a desert!)

The New Forest...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone just back from Tunisia?

Hello Swimming Hopefuls! We went to Hammammet the first week in April. It was sunny and breezy and the water was cold but I went swimmming anyway! Lovely and refreshing! No-one else was in the water except my two toddlers and I. It wasn't warm but on a glorious day why not go for it?

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone just back from Tunisia?

We are living for PEK tomorow evening. Cant wait!

Weather forecast seems to be good now, last few days was some bad weather

Anyone back today to confirm?

10. Re: Anyone just back from Tunisia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 02:20