We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry into Tunisia with Israeli stamp

Mirfield, England
Level Contributor
494 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Entry into Tunisia with Israeli stamp

I noticed in the back of my holiday brochure that you are not allowed into tunisia if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport. Last year I went to Egypt and went to the Dead Sea area of israel on a day's excursion and therefore had my passport stamped. Does anyone know whether this will stop me entering Tunisia for a holiday? I have e-mailed the Home Office/Passport enquiries a week ago and have had no reply and there is nothing on the Tunisian Embassy website. I washoping to go over the Easter period but obviously this is on hold at the moment. Would be grateful for any advice from anyone who has had this experience. Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entry into Tunisia with Israeli stamp

i'm surpirsed - i would not have thought an Israeli stamp would have any affect. Tunisia at point had one of the highest percentages of Jews in the Arab world. There is even one of the oldest synagogues based in the south of the country (Djerba)

The best thing is to ring the Tunisian embassy based in London, but i would be extremely surprised to hear of you having any problems

Mirfield, England
Level Contributor
494 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entry into Tunisia with Israeli stamp

We have now managed to get in touch with the Embassy and they said there should be no problem. I think its all a question of the Arab and Israeli thing.

3. Re: Entry into Tunisia with Israeli stamp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Tunisia
Recent Conversations